F8 - F8 issue already!?! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 issue already!?!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by VHlambo580, May 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I try to avoid posts that are either gratuitously mean spirited or of no substantive value.

Dicecal, Rembrandt, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  2. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    I concur with your summation of the F8...

I have the standard stereo also...it is fine...just not as much bass response as I like...it does have Bluetooth and a hard drive to store music....

People who know something about cars and in particular Ferrari....comment on the four round taillights and the Lexan engine cover and remember the classic 308/Magnum car and the F40....then the walk to the front and say they see a good mixture of more modern Ferrari models...
    To me the F8 has just the right amount of classic and modern design...
    Pictures of the F8 just don’t reveal all the lines of the car...seeing in person really changed my perception...

OSUferrari and Coincid like this.
  3. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    Without statistical evidence this comment is only your opinion and means nothing....sort of “put up or shut up”....

It is notable that the F8 will only be produced for a two year cycle (2020,2021)because of Europe CAFE requirements....more spiders will be produced than coupes....and a minimum 12 month wait ....

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I thought GPF was added to the F8 to meet EU CAFE? Are they getting more restrictive?

5. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    My SA told me that it was a two year model run for the F8....and no F8 special editions..

.I did read somewhere on FChat that this limited run was due at least in part to the CAFE requirements for the entire Ferrari model line up...I’ll search and try to find that thread...
    You are correct that the GPF was used to meet those CAFE requirements...that was talked about in the thread also...

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we welcome open discussion, but this is a community, you can say the same things without being an ass. stop being an ass.

Coincid and FDP like this.
  7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Are telling me you don’t like ass? I love it!

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That's enough of that.

We welcome critique and intelligent discourse, but what you're offering is condescension and provocation. I'm applying a 1-week exclusion to your account. Please use the time to contemplate making an amicable return as a gentleman.

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    Man hahahahaha

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's a bold comment ??? Why.

I would buy a F8 if it wasn't for the delta from my 488 GTB. Im in the category , worked my arse off. No need to sell my 488 GTB because of the economy. But the delta is too rich for me given that 90% of it will go to the government.

If you ever want to share the love im here :)

11. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I could not afford the F8, and furthermore there is not one for sale yet here.

However there are 4 Pistas which is off course also totally out of my budget with the "cheapest" (if there is such a thing you can call it on this level of pricing) for 376 000 EUR, it is imo beautifully specced, a classic color combo you can't go wrong with!
    https://www.blocket.se/annons/vastmanland/ferrari_488_pista_720hk___leasebar/89607567

For me as I could not stomach cashing an F8 and obviously not a Pista without selling some of the cars I own, I added a Huracan instead (I am an NA guy) and in time will hopefully add an GT3RS as well.

Surfah likes this.
  12. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    This is the post that I was referring to...by user JTSE30...post # 36 on the F8 vs Pista sound.....see below

13. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I love the 488, great looking car. Though I absolutely love my F8, if I had the 488 before I probably would have kept that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MANDALAY and Drson like this.
  14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    If it wasn’t for the delta you could buy one, that’s what I’m saying.

MANDALAY likes this.
  15. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Again, if you wanted you could buy one. Pista over the F8, no discussion. It’s damn beautiful and aggressive!

16. Utah430

Utah430 Rookie

May 21, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mine is worse. The dealership gave me a "We will have to take a look and submit it to Italy" I have not brought it in yet.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Not good :(

18. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Do you have photos?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
  20. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    One thought is to have an expert paint the key hole body color.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Must pay strict attention to cleaning the Lexan. For easy cleaning, a soft micro fiber cloth and water. Heavier cleaning- mild dish soap and water, applied by micro fiber cloth and dried by a unused micro fiber cloth. Cleaning and removing very light swirls, Novus #1 or Brillianze applied with a soft micro fiber cloth. Never use anything else, especially any petroleum based products.

jm2 likes this.
  22. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The Lexan rear window is a cool feature, but I’m not wild about having to take care of it or its potential lack of longevity (in terms of keeping it look good). I guess if you only kept the car a year or two it wouldn’t matter. F8 Spider does not have it, and though you won’t be able to peek at the engine, in my view that might be a better choice, but you’d pay a premium for the convertible top.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Lexan is not difficult to take care of and is very durable. Don’t worry about it.

jm2 likes this.
  24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Strong, yes. But this is my worry.
    “Durability

Safety glass is more durable than Lexan, which only has a lifespan of around 15 years. Although Lexan is resistant to ultraviolet light, water, flame, and temperatures as high as 212 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as minus 40 degrees, it will eventually yellow, causing a reduction in the amount of light that's transmitted through it. The manufacturer does offer a limited 10-year warranty against excessive yellowing and loss of light.”

“Scratching

The qualities that make Lexan flexible and strong also give it a soft surface that's prone to scratching. Special coatings can be applied to Lexan to make it more resistant to yellowing and scratching. However, over time, the coating tends to delaminate. In addition, the coating itself is susceptible to scratching and the coating will wear off if you rub it in an attempt to clean it. Glass, on the other hand, being a hard material, is resistant to scratching.”

https://www.hunker.com/13403262/difference-between-a-lexan-window-safety-glass

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Boomhauer and gmo28 like this.