Chicago and Great Lakes Region events 2020 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Chicago and Great Lakes Region events 2020

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by F1tommy, Dec 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    We've already registered!:)

ShadowLAP likes this.
  2. Gkain

Gkain Rookie

Feb 8, 2014
    Chicago, Il
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'm registered. And we went last year and had a great time. Believe me both my son and I would rather go on the rally at this point. We just have to wait and see for now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Alex, you will be car #15 and I will be sending a package of Rally documents to you later next week. Look forward to seeing you.

4. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Gary, you are Car #13. Hope you can attend. Registrations are coming in most every day. I can't wait to see all of the Ferrari's parked around the town Village Square at the end of the Rally. The local Chamber of Commerce will be taking photos.

5. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Larry, we thoroughly enjoyed the October rally and we are ready for June!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  6. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I am very glad to see the positive comments about last years Rally. Much appreciated.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well it looks like we may get most of the races at Road America this year after all, and humans will be allowed starting in June:) The Indy race will be delayed until July. They still are planning several historic races and the IMSA race. Even the GT Blancpain World Challenge for supercars is still coming in late August. The SCCA National Runoffs will also be held in early October 2020!!! I guess if everything is cancelled in Chicago you will have to head up to Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    WJC likes this.
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    A few photos from the Road America 500 from 1958-1962. Some nice cars in the car parks!! These are from the Road America Remembrance facebook pages. Detroit automakers would always bring in several showcars to display. The last photo is of two Corvair showcars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tenney, Parnelli, Whipcity76 and 2 others like this.
  10. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Any word on whether the Elkhart Lake Concours is happening this year? I have gone to it a couple of times, even showed a car there once, but there is no mention of the show this year, only the race weekend. Unless I am totally not looking in the right place!

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Concours is still going on I believe along with the historical races in July. I hope they have some better cars up there this year as they cancelled so many other vintage events. Here is a photo of the real Ford J4 MKIV at Road America in 1971 during the Can Am races after being licensed for the street!!!! Looks like all they added was plates and maybe a new exhaust system, and im sure removed the race cams and pistons. Photos by Bill Rasmussen

Image Unavailable, Please Login

pilotoCS and WJC like this.
  12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    This from Road America's Facebook page..

"A mid-summer favorite, The WeatherTech® International Challenge with Brian Redman is one of the largest vintage racing events in the United States and features over 400 cars competing in several groups. The four-day weekend will also showcase a special 50th Anniversary of the UOP Shadow CAN-AM racer. Don't forget to mark your calendars as the Concours d’ Elegance in downtown Elkhart Lake on Friday for race cars and Saturday night for streetcars is a can’t miss event for any enthusiast."

WJC likes this.
  13. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Absolutely gorgeous flash back photos. If not originals, excellent digitalization.

14. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Am really looking forward to meeting everyone. Haven’t been on a road event in a few years.

15. Gkain

Gkain Rookie

Feb 8, 2014
    Chicago, Il
    Full Name:
    Gary

We are all set. All documents have been emailed back. We look forward to the beautiful, weather and drive on sunday.

Gary

16. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    I received this as well. Have not attended. Local Porsche Dealer, Isringhausen, is heavily involved as a sponsor. It’d be a very long day indeed.

17. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Anyone up at the June Sprints? I’m thinking of going tomorrow and wondering what it’s like up there with all the Covid concerns.

18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well here it is....I hope people are careful and follow the CDC guidelines. Humans allowed for the first time this year at a INDY race.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  20. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    the car show has been moved from Elkhart Lake to downtown Plymouth for Vintage car weekend (July 23-26). I always enjoyed that show on Saturday night. Wonder if this changes things much for many of the entrants?

A mid-summer favorite, The WeatherTech® International Challenge with Brian Redman is one of the largest vintage racing events in the United States and features over 400 cars competing in several groups. The four-day weekend will also showcase a historic CAN-AM race, which is the highlight of this year’s event as an impressive field of cars is expected to gather in celebration of CAN-AM’s 54th Anniversary. Additionally, 2020 will be a special 50th Anniversary of the UOP Shadow CAN-AM racer. Don’t forget to mark your calendars as the Concours d’ Elegance in downtown Plymouth Wisconsin on Friday for race cars and Saturday night for streetcars is a can’t miss event for any enthusiast.

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Seems like the Historics at Road America won't have the downtown parade?

22. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I thought they moved some events to Plymouth

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

From what I read on the RA website it seems that both the classic and racing cars concours will be held on the track main straight.

24. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I hadn’t checked the website in a few weeks and didn’t see that update. I’m probably going up for Sunday only

25. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The main straight would be even better than Plymouth I think. That's what the Ferrari club did and it was nice. Not many Ferrari's at this event anymore. JM used to get hundreds to come when it was run by him. I did see some nice cars coming up including that Alfa Romeo T33/3 that was at Continental for the March show a few years back. It does sound really good on the track. The interesting cars are mostly Shadow's and T70's this year along with a few GT40's and several 2000's DTM cars.