Chicago Motor Cars feedback? | FerrariChat

Chicago Motor Cars feedback?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by dustman, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Would be appreciated.

2. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    I met these guys about 15 years ago at a FCA event when they were just getting started. At that time their business model was storage, detailing, and consignment sales. I believe they are now an independent dealership. I suggest you check for any on-line reviews. I never spoke with any FCA member who bought a car from them.

3. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    When I spoke to them about a mclaren I got the sense I was speaking with the mafia

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Until now! I had a pleasant experience, purchased a 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 from them. Wasn’t much haggle, car was mint, price was very fair.

This dealership has come up frequently with some negative history here and there so YMMV. As always, do your diligence and if you don’t get a good feeling there’s always other options. I was happy with my experience and would buy from again.

Defender 90 likes this.
  5. Defender 90

Defender 90 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Although I bought my 458 from a Ferrari dealership I checked out a 458 at Chicago Motor Cars.

They are car guys so that’s a huge plus. They know Ferrari way better than most other used car lots or non-Ferrari dealers. They have a good post-purchase rep too (other dealers would ghost you if your car had a problem immediately after the deal closed).

Mike Salerno was my salesperson. He has a 911 Turbo daily driver and I see him on car cruises; great last guy. On the sales side he is attentive and professional.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Appreciate all the feedback.

Had been great to deal with until I asked for an independent PPI, then pure and absolute silence. Guess that says it all.

Racer_X likes this.
  7. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I don’t doubt it

8. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Last spring we were shopping for a California 30. After looking on-line at several that were for sale in the area, we test drove three cars at local dealers. One of the nicest 2014s was at Chicago Motor Cars: we asked to test drive it and, effectively, we were told that we couldn't test drive the car unless we agreed to buy it! Thank you and goodbye; two days later we purchased ours at another dealer and the rest is history!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Matteo165

Matteo165 Rookie

Aug 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matteo Gruelle
    I bought an Audi A8 from them with 10,000 miles. it was a 2015 and this was in 2016. Only Internet photos and phone calls and paid 2k less than their ask- no real haggling. It was an Audi not a FERRARI but they should have been honest with me. A little finger sized hole in the leather of the front driver's seat was my main WTF moment and various body scratches that were apparent to anyone. They should have disclosed it. The truck was there in my lot and the driver even showed me the pictures as he picked it up with a time and date stamp because he was concerned that it was not disclosed to him. Wired money gone and I just accepted it and paid for the repairs. The whole feeling from the start was they were doing me a favor. Never would buy from them again. Anytime I see a car it has their name - I stay away. There is something to be said for growing too fast too quick. Quality many times is the first casualty. Good luck with your buy but too often we as a buying community buy a Ferrari like a pair of shoes and accept less than luxury service. People can say what they want about the internet and the market changing and people who tire-kick and low ball. But, I always pay a good price so everyone is happy and the seller makes money so they will stay in business for my next purchase. We as a strong buying community need to be treated better. Michael at Ferrari's online has been fantastic to me and I have never bought from him. Tons of calls and questions and always a great guy and even tracking a car down for me and sending me direct as well as help with service. Marshall Goldman has been really good with two Ferrari purchases and treats you right. Sorry for long post - Hope it helps.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I got the: BTW, car needs annual service, but dealer is booked, so you can just do it after purchase.
    My translation along with radio silence when I asked to PPI the car is there's a serious problem being hidden.