ROYALE | FerrariChat

ROYALE

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by F456M, Mar 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hello!

After having had two 80-ies Quattroportes, I am wondering if there are any Royale versions around? And where? Also the original strech versions build in Italy is of interest.

Wish you a good time now when most people stay inside.

Erik
    Oslo

2. Giovanni V

Giovanni V Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Verzoletto
    Hello,
    I just sent a message on another topic not having seen this one before.
    I own an '87 model, rifle grey, light leather, auto transmission. As far as I know there are 2 other cars here in Italy, one is at Panini museum and another one also in that area. Never seen other Royale in Italy.

Cheers
    Giovanni

F456M likes this.
  3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That’s cool Giovanni. We should make a «registry» here what shows the different Royale cars and other specials.

We have one Azzurro (blue silver gray) 1987 Royale with manual transmission in Norway. It has also the light grey leather.

I also know there is a gold metallic Royale in Athens, Greece.

And I know there is a white original strech Quattroporte III in Hungary. It has written both Quattropore (to the left) and ROYALE to the right, which is a bit odd. Probably not a real Royale. I don’t know.

There was also a Gun metal grey metallic one with cream leather in Sweden, but that went to Norway and later on to Quatar.

Can you post some pictures of you Royale? It would be interesting to see it :)

Erik
    Oslo

4. Giovanni V

Giovanni V Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Verzoletto
    Great Erik. My spanish friend David Santamans is creating a register and has made a QP 3 330 group on facebook. We located a couple of cars in Japan that was the biggest market for Royale (22 sold!), and other 2 in Austria
    Never heard about a greek Royale, it would be good to have more details.
    Streched version was built by Salvatore Diomante in Torino. Nobody knows how many were built, probably very few. It is definetly a "normal" streched version.
    I would like to see some pics of your car as well if possible, thanks.
    Your car is an early one like mine and chassis should be 590x or 591x.

Take care
    Giovanni

F456M and MrMark like this.
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Giovanni.

I had a 1981 and a 1983 Quattroporte, but unfortunately never a Royale. The one I was referring to is registered October 1987 in Oslo as a brand new car. It has the flat veneer wood as in the Biturbos, the pushbutton AC controls so it is an early Royale. That’s for sure. The chassis number is AM330495914. Do you know If it is normal to have the split rear seat? I was at the Panini museum and their Royale is a real Royale with the rounded edges, thick curved wood, two electric rear seat and a cooler for the champagne. Quite impressive! THe Norwegian Royale have standard body without the rounded off edges. I attach a picture I found on the net. Not a god picture, but it is this car. It has been driven regularly, and the engine has never ben rebuild.

Erik.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  7. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This is the one what were in Sweden. It was imported to Norway and later exported to Quatar (if memory serves me right). That car was in like new condition with low kms....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This is the one «Royale» stretch...

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  11. Giovanni V

Giovanni V Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Verzoletto
    Dear Erik,
    thanks for the great informations. If you have any chance to get in contact with the Norway Royale owner, it would be great.
    I will try to contact the owner of the gold one in Dubai in order to have more pics and info.
    Here you an find pics of the ex sweden Royale, when it was in Norway:
    http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri06lllllllll.htm
    My car has "standard" rear seats like some other Royale I saw. I think that possibly only Panini's car has separated electric rear seat (it was the car used for presentation...), the other car I know in Italy has a vertical refrigerator but not separated rear seat.
    According to what I saw these years all Royale should have:
    - electric sunroof
    - folding tables on rear doors
    - leather compartment for silver glasses on the pillar
    - special hubcaps
    - Maserati clock on the dashboard
    - engine red rocker covers (and engine output up to 300 cv).

F456M likes this.
  12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  13. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  15. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks Giovanni. That car is in top condition and only driven 19.000s. at the time... From looking at the pictures, it is quite obvious that thw car have the standard bodywork. I believe it was a 1988 model? The thing is that the Royale at the Panini museum has more rounded edges in the body work. So I wonder how many came with the rounded edges...? There can not be many of them! That Panini car made quite a different impression and was more luxurious looking for sure because of the «face lifted» body.

The Norwegian Royale was ordered new by Petter Sundt, one of Norway’s richest men at the time, being in the shipping business. It was his third Quattroporte III. The current owner have had it for about 30 years. It have about 150.000 kms. or so I believe.

Which other cars do we know about? I believe there was one in the UK with a black leather interior if I remember right...?! It would be fun to find one and buy it. Or the Diomante would be really cool! Great car for travelling longer distances for work. I had a look at the Diomate web site and they have some info on it and another QP III with some rather unusual extras...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MrMark likes this.