Taillight Socket Tabs | FerrariChat

Taillight Socket Tabs

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by c4b4the04, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Thought you might get a kick out of this....

I am tired of the floppy electrical sockets on my taillights. One of the tabs just disintegrated on them over time and the lights won't stay in place properly. I drew a repair in CAD and printed them in carbon fiber/nylon material.

They are super strong, fit like original and you can't see them when installed. They don't require any glue and can be installed by anyone. Considering making these and offering them for others. I made them with both tabs, in case you have a socket with no tabs at all.

Simply trim down the broken/brittle plastic around your tab. Trim off one tab on my part if you are only going to use one and push until it is seated. Reinstall bulb and put back into tail light lens. I ran a test batch of 3 and installed all 3 right in my car! Love it, easy solutions and much more efficient than replacing all of the sockets.

My car is a European model, maybe others have had similar experiences with these simply getting old and brittle? I thought maybe it was the heat from non-catalytic exhaust being so close to the plastic.

Some pics may better explain my solution

Cassidy

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion, turbo-joe and ago car nut like this.
  2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Really nice. Two of mine are broke. They just get brittle.

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Awesome work. Keeping tr’s in the road and helping value one innovation at a time.

c4b4the04 likes this.
  4. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Looks good--I know that at least one of mine is broken.

5. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I have two broken and am a buyer if you decide to market these--brilliant!

ago car nut likes this.