512 tr Instrument Pod R&R | FerrariChat

512 tr Instrument Pod R&R

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by EZORED, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Following instruction off of the forum, I was able to easily remove the instrument pod that houses the speedometer, etc: Now I have spent 1/2 day trying to get it back in. It seems you have to tilt it back and up to hook the clips on the back of the pod in their retaining brackets and then swing down to the point that you can reinstall the 2 bolts at the bottom of the pod. Something seems to be inhibiting the pod from coming down far enough. I have pushed and pulled every wire and cable I can see multiple time and It just will not come down. Does anyone have a suggestion? Should I take the Knee bar on the bottom off the dash to get better access?

Is there only 2 connector to actually remove the pod from the dash?

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    You shouldn't have to take the knee pad off. Only two 10mm nuts and washers holding it on. Make sure the hook end is not hanging up on anything. The fiberglass as it ages warps.

3. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    It seems like the brackets on the bottom have to slip over the washer in to the slot. because the stud protruding from the dash is not long enough to start unless you do so. Is this correct?

4. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    This is picture I took off the web.

Attached Files:

5. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Looks different than mine. You have the whole dash panel off, or is this how it comes apart? My pod fits over the studs with washers on top of inst. pod. Photo of pod please. Like I said fiberglass warps. I had the pad leather replaced, while apart I cut the fiberglass and re glassed it back to fit properly. The front of the pod from heat from sun warped up.

6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Finally figured out the trick to getting instrument pod back in. The 2 brackets on the bottom are actually adjustable just by turning them. Since it came out it should go back, but whom every had it out last had put it in incorrectly. I adjusted the bracket out about a 1/4 inch and the pod dropped right in. Amen. that turned a hour job into a 1/2 a weekend.

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the weekend has 48 hours, and if not enough you may use the night also ;) :)
    but good that you fixed it

EZORED likes this.
  8. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    yes that has to come off