812 GTS numbers and relative exclusivity | FerrariChat

812 GTS numbers and relative exclusivity

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Avia11, May 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Can anyone who wants an 812 GTS get one? I thought initially this car was going to be limited by a 2 year production run. My estimate was they would make ~3000. Is this a stupid assumption?

leopoldo likes this.
  2. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Anyone can get one, not limited

leopoldo and F2003-GA like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Question is will there be a 2022 model GTS or will a replacement show up ??
    Then one can have a more educated assumption on total number of units - IMO

Thecadster likes this.
  4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    #4 tfazio, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Not exactly. It is not a limited car but not everyone will get one that wants one. Perhaps in certain territories it will be easier than others. Each dealer gets a certain number of expected allocations. Once those are filled a dealer can continue to take deposits but there is no guarantee they will get additional allocations. I am confident demand will outweigh supply due to time constraints for the model.

leopoldo and mkultra like this.
  5. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Are there absolute time constraints? Or is everything out the door post covid

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Do you know that from personal experience and fact? If so, please state your source.

Oddly enough here in Northern Europe there seems to be pretty stringent criteria for an 812 GTS allocation. And I have gotten these confirmed at the factory just prior to lockdown.
    It is not a limited car but it is a low volume car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gh21631 and leopoldo like this.
  7. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Anyone can order that. Is not like a pista spider if this was your question. Probably 2500/3000 units

8. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    In the US, I've had offers from two dealerships to order the gts. Its not a tdf, the limited version might be harder to get. A pista was easy for me to get and I didn't have to buy a gt4lusso or anything. I actually just canceled my gts order, I'll wait for second hand. It'll lose money like everything else....

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    For now that's my plan. Drive the Portofino for the top down days and keep the 812 a couple of years to see how this all shakes out.

Thecadster and Gianfranco341 like this.
  10. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Dealer was not able to quote the balance for a GTS trading in the SF I got this week . I didn’t sign any order then for a GTS . I had a long term (2 years ) rent for a Mercedes AMG GT Roadster . I will pick it up next week . So I have the SF to go fast and Roadster when I would like to drive without roof for next two years . We will see what will happen then . I drove my SF for 600 km this week and it is amazing . I’m in love with it .

F2003-GA and wrs like this.
  11. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Yup, I've been actively looking at used 812's right now, can get a great deal on one.

12. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I think you are not the average consumer :) I believe you have bought a number of unique Ferrari's over the years. You are essentially a repeat customer for the brand. You have mentioned in previous posts you have multiple contacts at Ferrari dealers. A new customer who is looking to get his first Ferrari is going to have trouble finding a dealer to give them one of their guaranteed allocations.

carz80am likes this.
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Prediction:

Many, if not all USA Dealers have available allocations with no-history requirement to order, call your local dealer and inquire.

Because the SF90 took nearly all the air out of the 812 order book, I suspect once the SF90 Spider is available to order (could be by end of this year) you will see its orders out-perform the 812GTS.

The prediction is this: 812GTS will be low volume (<1000 per year worldwide) but not because of any limits, only because of lack of interest...

F2003-GA and Gianfranco341 like this.
  14. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Not a bad prediction. Mine is that the future ferrari's will be sold to just about anyone and will lose value like other manufacturers

deltona, F2003-GA and Gianfranco341 like this.
  15. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Ferrari asked Ferrari Ft Lauderdale to stop taking orders,It will become one of the most sought after Ferrari for years..

16. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    This is already happening as Ferrari is now publicly traded. The exception will be ICONA ones.

17. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Probably a covid related issue. Other dealers probably have open spots. Ft lauderale is huge and already has soo many used pistas for sale including a couple spiders

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Probably many of those 812GTS orders are proxies for SF90 Spider (i.e. placeholders since you cannot yet order an SF90 Spider and when you can, those 812GTS orders will be re-assigned), it will be interesting to see what happens when SF90 Spider can be ordered (of course it must first be revealed but is expected later this year...)

As for the 812GTS being sought after, hope so, but, given these recent videos it looks like the GPF fitment will take its toll on aural satisfaction...

You can listen to it here at 9m20s

@3m38s

19. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I value your opinion and no doubt you have done a great service here by providing so much information on the GPF that now comes on certain Ferrari models. I am really looking forward to hearing what the V12 GPF car sounds like in real life. I am confident it will still sound outstanding - GPF or not it will still have a 12 cylinder engine. I do not have an acute sense of hearing. Maybe due to that I find it difficult to gauge actual sound from youtube videos.

I do far prefer the sound of the F8 Tributo to that of the 488 GTB especially while driving. We have delivered a few F8's now and none of the buyers have complained about the sound. Back in November, FNA dropped off an F8 Tributo so we could offer demo drives to our customers. The vast majority thought it sounded very good. There was a particular customer that knew instantly the car was not for him but besides that individual the reviews about the car and the sound were overwhelmingly positive.

I promise you none of our current 812 GTS orders are proxies for the SF90 Spider. None... These 2 cars have attracted different buyers at least for us.

In regards to the SF90 Spider I expect us to get far fewer allocations compared to the 812 GTS. I could see one or two of our SF90 Stradale customers wishing they could get a Spider version but an 812 GTS buyer will not be looking to cancel their order to get into an SF90 Spider.

italiafan likes this.
  20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Thank you,

I have actually driven a few F8s, including windows down in a tunnel (so no "hot tube" in-cabin effect) and I agree, sound is not too bad, however, due to the abbreviated rev range and quick spool up, you wish the gearing was longer because you are barely in one gear before you need to change up to the next.

The GPF devices on the 812 will have some effect, but until we have real in-person experiences, who knows for certain. And, the EU exhaust noise regulations that are being worked into Ferrari's production many affect MY2021 and more than likely MY2022 production, question is, will be used for all production? Rarely does Ferrari change anything regarding the exhausts per destination (only exception I found was the tdF for Korea/Japan had different silencers).

As for those solid 812GTS orders, what happened last year to all those solid 812SF orders? Right before and definitely after the SF90 reveal many changed to SF90 and many others were dropped. Now 812SF orders go from 10R to delivered in less than 4 months (pre-factory shutdown).

italiafan and Gianfranco341 like this.
  21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just like the Pista ;)

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    The sound ??? which sound ???
    Do you mean the DYSON noise ?

23. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    No more . Things are changed and dealers have allocations problems now , they didn’t have before . They don’t have problems as soon as a new model is presented but the bubble is deflating very quickly

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Seems like the way it is going, but I hope not, I hope they go private and stop being beholden to the whims of the stock market...