Ferrari ROMA | Page 99 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Buy a car for yourself and NOT for later sale!!
    And do not listen to your salesman.
    For sure a Roma without shields is much more elegant and classy.

Marcel Massini

Matt L, 008, JLopez and 10 others like this.
  2. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    I also have one on order and I will NOT get the shields. Car is elegant without them.

3. Justicepool

Justicepool Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.

And this is why I am so thankful Ferrari makes several different models. When I first saw the Roma my first thought was "Oh no, this is not attractive (to me), please don't stop making the Portofino". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's too smooth for my taste. Not enough character. Dated design. Too plain. All subjective and just my humble opinion. As with most new designs I'm sure it will grow on me in time, but I love the Portofino.

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am signed up to see the Roma in person on June 19th at the dealer. I hope that includes a test drive, it's a 30 minute slot.

of2worlds, uhn2000, llk and 2 others like this.
  5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I detest modern exotics with a lot aero crap on the rear. So the Roma is very refreshing to me.

vcappp, anunakki and Jo Sta7 like this.
  6. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I think the resale shield argument is WAY overplayed. Take, for example, the recent posts about how the Roma reminds a few of the 275 GTB and the 250 Lusso. The VAST VAST majority of those two cars do not have shields. No one gets anxious about that. Buy the car the way you want it - if it happens to be without shields - I'm convinced a huge minority of people will actually care - and that all, true Ferrari lovers will fully appreciate it.

tomc likes this.
  7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    What is that location?

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Am guessing Austin...T

9. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    In former times, only the race cars had shields. So no Lasso and only a handfull 275 GTB.
    The first non race car with shields was the 288, followed by F40 and F50.
    From 1997 on shields could be ordered for bread and butter cars, a no-go for me. Today nearly every new car wears shields, completely negotiating the history of them. It’s a shame.

pk328, perrinnation and 456-boy like this.
  10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Awesome. Details on your spec?
    T

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cool. That means we may see it soon up here in DFW...T

wrs likes this.
  13. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Not done yet.

14. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    Roma's WLTP homologation data has appeared at official site.

Compared to Portofino's 267 g/km, Roma's combined emissions have reduced to 255 g/km, which is 4.5% less. Quite nice considering it has 3.3% more power and acceleration to 200 km/h happens 14% faster. Reduced weight and the new 8-speed gearbox obviously explain most of the improved efficiency.

vcappp and 456-boy like this.
  15. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Interesting!
    Does the Roma have a GPF? That also might explain the reduction of emissions.

16. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    Yes. It indeed has GPF. The filter does not reduce co2 emissions (i.e. fuel consumption), but is of course a good thing for reducing pollution.

https://corporate.ferrari.com/en/ferrari-roma-la-nuova-dolce-vita-takes-shape

"The Ferrari Roma’s 620 cv engine belongs to the V8 turbo family voted International Engine of the Year for four years in a row. The main innovations on this version of the Ferrari V8 are new cam profiles, a speed sensor which measures the turbine revolutions and allows the maximum revs per minute to be increased by 5,000 rpm, and the introduction of the Gasoline Particulate Filter to comply with the strictest Euro 6D anti-pollution standards. Ferrari engineers worked hard to optimize the GPF, a closed matrix filter which traps particulate matter produced during thermal engine combustion, thus guaranteeing that it would not compromise driving pleasure."

vcappp and uhn2000 like this.
  17. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    I just read the introduction that Ferrari did a whhile ago and they state that the car was purposely designed without the Shields to give it that pure look.

18. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Nice. Did you take that picture?

19. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    vcappp, Boomhauer, JLopez and 9 others like this.
  20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    No! It's Simone Masetti's photo. A local kid full of passion for Ferrari. Almost 99% of the posted photos in his IG account are near the factory were every new car is tested and fiorano.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    I too ordered a Roma without shields... it screams elegance, just do what suits you. I don;t think shields or no shields will effect resale values for this particular model. If you say no shields on a Pista, I'd say, well yeah - YOU NEED THEM!

uhn2000 and pilotoCS like this.
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Which color did you order your Roma?
    T