Interesting value read | FerrariChat

Interesting value read

Discussion in '308/328' started by topcarbon, May 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
  2. startshine1

startshine1 Karting

Nov 11, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks!
    Very interesting!!!

3. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Interesting! As has been said previously re Hagertys, I suspect most of us here, who own cars we drive around regularly, have cars that are probably 3's at best or 4's BASED ON the Hagerty rating system. A show car might be a 2 but you couldn't drive it around much and have it stay that way. Per the Haggarty rating, the only 1's I have ever seen of any make of car were brand new cars sitting in the dealer showroom.

4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    One thing I find interesting; their guide doesn't value my car as much as they've insured it for.

5. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    One number figures into premiums, the other doesn’t ;-)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    This is the first time I've looked at their price guide, but if their guide is close to reality then 308s really have taken a bit of a dive in value. I know I haven't seen any QVs outside of a Copart auction be advertised for under $30k in a long time, but that's where they have a #4 car.

Also an interesting tidbit. A 1962 GTO in #3 condition is valued at $56.5 million and that same car in #2 condition is valued at $62.5 million, a difference of $6M. That seems impossible. The #3 car should be valued less than the #2 car by what ever its defects are and what is would cost to repair/resolve. There is no defect you couldn't fix and bring the car to #2 standards that would cost more than $1M. It could could have an Abrams tank currently parked on top of it while being on fire and you could bring it to #2 condition for far less than, let's say, $4M. That price spread seems like it should be much tighter to me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

BLACK HORSE likes this.