SF 90 Stradale Spider confirmed | Page 3 | FerrariChat

SF 90 Stradale Spider confirmed

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Actualizer, Feb 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's Amazing how many complaints about the roof being similar to the 488 spider one: where is the problem? doesn't it work on 488 and F8? I think that almost all the Retractable Hardtops on the market are Webasto made, a world leader German firm.

https://www.webasto-group.com/en/original-equipment/roof-systems/convertible-roofs/

They started with California. McLaren has Webasto Retractable Hardtops too.

https://www.webasto.com/uploads/media/webasto-press--pm37-ferrari-california-dach.pdf

ciao

of2worlds and geochin like this.
  2. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    My personal problem is that unlike the soft top the hard top is a "hard visual shape" when it is up and interferes with the lines of the car. For example the 458 to me just never looked right with the roof up because the proportions from halfway up the car were all off and in person this is even more evident. The roof works better with 488 due to the air inlet created for the turbos which breaks the smoothness already. In the 812 gts the hardtop works better than the 458 but not as good as the 488. The SF90S is quite a complex shape in the back and my thinking is that fitting a hardtop designed for a completely different car will take some of the visual appeal away. So I am expecting a visual disappointment similar to 812 GTS but not as bad as the 458.

cesman and 456-boy like this.
  3. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Your opinion! the 458 Spider looks amazing to me!

SAT4RE likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree, 458 spider with the top up works very well.

dhari and SAT4RE like this.
  5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Me too! Also, don't forget you can put down the rear window and keep the top up - this allows more engine and exhaust noise into the cabin which is a great thing!!!!!

SAT4RE, of2worlds and Gh21631 like this.