F8 - Coronavirus & Production | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Coronavirus & Production

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glenn Quagmire, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    does anyone have any updates on production dates. Are cars being built. Thanks Sandy

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    i still cannot believe they will open the factory shortly with 83000+ cases still current and about 14K deaths including 700+ just yesterday.

Art138 likes this.
  4. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree, there will be a significant delay for all new models, not less than a year, that if it wasn't forever!

5. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    Anybody know when the production photos appear in the app? Dealer says I am at "40" now, but App says "Waitinglist" still, no images.

jm2 likes this.
  6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Seems to be hit or miss if you’ll actually get production photos, not uncommon to get the car before any photos show up. I was status 40 before the shutdown and have no photos or VIN.

jm2 and kenguru like this.
  7. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Funnily enough, the app shows me a VIN number for quite a few weeks now but still says "waiting list" and no photos. Dealer never keeps me informed about anything so I have no idea what the status is ! By the way, my order is for a Portofino, so this may be the wrong thread but relevant as i am also waiting for the car to be built. Anyone know the timing between getting a VIN number and actual production?

kenguru likes this.
  8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It seems there is no standard or consistency on this, some folks have reported VIN and photos after status 20 others nothing until delivery. You would think Ferrari could figure this out, apparently they can’t or simply don’t care. As this is my first factory order, I find it very disappointing.

kenguru likes this.
  9. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    Same here. Had VIN for 6+ weeks now, no progress showing in App ("WAITINGLIST", F8 Cp), dealer says 40 now, delivery possibly July (EU). App more or less useless. I trust my dealer though, they take good care and seem to have acress to more reliable data. No photos, though.

10. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Should have mentioned that I received a message on the app saying I should click here to collect a "gift" which will be sent to the dealer. About a week ago and no word from either Ferrari or dealer. Do not know what the gift is.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    kenguru likes this.
  12. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    thank

13. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    thank you very much for the update . From reading the posts I am gathering that there is a way to go online or through an app to see where you are in production . Thanks Sandy Sharp

14. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    thank you for the information

15. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    thanks for the information Sandy

16. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My photos did not show up until I was 70 (that is what most others told me as well). Some never get photos at all. Ferrari really needs to fix that. Takes away form the experience

kenguru and Dubaicity like this.
  17. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    thanks.
    Does one know how long it takes from 40 to next step usually?

18. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I’ve had my car for 6 weeks and the app still says waitlist with no photos.

kenguru likes this.
  19. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Cpiguy, that is ridiculous. You actually HAVE your car and the app says it is on the waiting list :rolleyes:. At least i am glad for you that you actually have your car. Hope it was everything you wanted it to be. However, this means the app is pretty much worthless and completely unreliable. Real pity. Ordering something like a Ferrari should be a pleasurable experience, not an experience to be remembered for the wrong reasons :mad:! it detracts from the brand and aura surrounding the car. The dealer here is no better incidentally - they may as well sell ice cream. The app should be used to keep in close touch with customers. Even if there is no real news, make the customer feel special and part of the Ferrari family. Communicate.

Dicecal likes this.
  20. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    See the box before car thread in this section
    To request gift, click this icon in your app
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Here's my exact timeline for photos:

60 -- Finishing -- Feb. 25, 2020
    **First Production Photo -- Status 60 +0 days -- Body in White (this looks like a stock photo, not a real photo of my car)** -- Feb. 25, 2020

70 -- Testing -- Mar. 1, 2020
    **Second Production Photo -- Status 70 +1 day -- Post Paint Photo (this photo looks like it's actually my car)** -- Mar. 2, 2020

85 -- Storage -- Mar. 3, 2020
    90 -- Water/Shipping -- Mar. 8, 2020
    **Final Production Photo -- Status 90 +2 days -- This one's the best photo. I literally jumped around my office like a little kid in a candy store when I laid eyes on it** -- Mar. 10, 2020

kenguru and C50 like this.
  22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    If you click into the car, do you see any photos? The "Waiting List" status appears to stay there until the dealer reports the sale into Modis (aka Status 94R + 95). Status 94 is the last Ferrari HQ / Ferrari regional reported update, after that it appears to be our dealer responsibility.

23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What was your delivery date?

24. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    No photos
    I do have a VIN however. Seems odd to me as my dealer told me a couple weeks ago I was still 10g. Maybe progress on my build..? I’m starting to get the “when is Christmas?’ feeling.