got the pista box before the car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

got the pista box before the car

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by KINGMONKEY, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeh you wouldn’t want to be hanging by your balls waiting for these things to surface that’s 100% for sure. It looks to be a real luckydip arrangement to where you may or may not even get.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Answering my own question here:
    4 day lag from email to app update showing gift box icon.
    My presumption is F is trying to keep some engagement and stoke for the buying experience.
    Otherwise they’d just ship it to the dealer unasked.

Separately, I wonder what the process is for the print customization. Is there just an outline template that has the colors (Base, stripe, wheels, shield) dropped in and tweaked? Laser print on heavy stock?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The replica model and lithograph go to the dealer unprompted so I’m told, without the need to use myferrari to action the gifting. I would imagine the lithograph is just a generic computor generated outline requiring only colour and number change.
    There is also a possibility these items become commandeered by someone at the dealership. Unlikely, but possible.

4. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    the print came from the dealer as did one of the Boxes one other box came in the mail the pista comes with the chrome model no little car like with the 488

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Shadowfax and C50 like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I notice he still didn't answer the previous question asking how long it took to actually get it (post 6482) Also no mention of receiving the lithograph which isn't exactly a good sign either. I'll drop my sales guy another text to see if he's seen or heard anything of mine, although based upon Ferrari's track record so far, I'm best not getting my hopes up too high. When I last checked they still cant get website to work properly... sigh..

7. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I can also imagine cutting out the free gifts, or reducing them and skipping the print and the model, is an easy way to shave off some expenses. It’s not like the average purchaser is expecting them and there certainly have been no promises made. Besides, coronavirus.

8. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Yes that’s what I received - along with the litho print of my car with serial number. All came about 3 months after the real car arrived and all were sent to me by my dealer (UK).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SECRET likes this.
  9. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Still haven’t received any of mine. Although I recall the below email and when I logged in to check, there was nothing. Not to mention that they never posted the final pic of my white Pista.

My dealer said that the model cars sometimes arrive after 6 months from the date that warranty starts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    That’s a bummer.

My box just arrived the week. Got the car in April. Hopefully the model and lithograph will make their way as well.

SECRET likes this.
  12. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    my car arrived may 22nd, and the presentation box + diecast arrived today (june 13th)

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My Pista Spider was delivered about 11 months ago and s far no model and no humidor either.

14. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    You refer to the silver colored Pista model in the box?

15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    I think that’s strange given that the box appears to just come from a 3rd party

16. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    yeah no color matched model yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    My pista spider was delivered August, no box or model and just got the lithograph 2 weeks ago. Who knows how this works?

18. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I just pushed the request gift button and see if I get a waiting list button. Hopefully it will be delivered to my house and not the dealer of preference. Image Unavailable, Please Login