Which would be easiest to sell? 2005 F430 F1, 2008 Gallardo 6 speed or 2010 Gallardo Balboni E-gear | FerrariChat

Which would be easiest to sell? 2005 F430 F1, 2008 Gallardo 6 speed or 2010 Gallardo Balboni E-gear

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by wheretheroadends, May 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which do you think is the easiest sell?

1. 2005 F430 F1

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. 2008 Gallardo manual

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. 2010 Gallardo Balboni E-gear

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. wheretheroadends

May 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Payman Nia
    Hi all and hope everyone is keeping well/safe.

I have an opportunity to get one of the mentioned cars and though I do have a preference for manual, I'm sure I'd have a blast with any of them. Reason for my post is to get opinions on which would be the easiest sell since that time will likely come in about 2 years. FYI, the Lambos (2005 w about 25k miles and 2010 with 10k) are at about the same $100K price and the F430 (about 24k miles) at about $80K. All properly cared for and up do date with maintenance though the Balboni is the best sorted as far as history/records. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

2. wheretheroadends

May 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Payman Nia
    (is there a more appropriate forum to post this?)

3. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I’m guessing there are a couple reasons for the lack of responses. Myself, I think you should be asking, “which car will be the most enjoyable over the next two years?” Buying a car with only potential resale in two years in mind doesn’t represent a real investment into the Ferrari hobby. It’s also hard to predict what will happen in two years to any market, especially with the current environment.

I think the best advice is to buy the one that elicits the biggest emotional response when you see and drive the car since you’re going to spend money on any of these cars.

paulchua likes this.
  4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I checked "Ferrari". No disrespect to Lamborghini and the like, but there is still only one Ferrari.

paulchua likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Gallardo 2008 gated, followed by Balboni ( which is rare but when available goes for $110K) and the F430 2005 F1 is very common and depending on mileage sells for $80-100K.

psych0hans and paulchua like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I agree with @Coincid

7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Balboni is the rarest and highly sought after even in E-gear.

Also newer lambo lp 2009+ has been holding values much more than others.

Stick gallardo while you’d think would be easy to hold value is hampered by the older body design becoming dated in a not so good way quicker and quicker. It will not be regarded as timeless... people won’t crave sticks forever.

I love Ferrari but the F430 F1 are dime a dozen. Nice car in a growing pile of competition. That’s about it for value for a resale.

Robb

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Balboni will be something of a collector car as RWD Gallardo.

Pre-LP Gallardos won’t be easy to sell, gated or no.

not sure F1 430s will be any easier. So it has to be the Balboni.

Get a gated 430!!

Auraraptor and Robb like this.