Kline 458 Spider Exhaust has Arrived! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kline 458 Spider Exhaust has Arrived!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Raridreams, Apr 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Inconel is Kline's best. Make sure you buy the Kline F1 style exhaust manifolds.

2. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Headers do make a difference in sound. You made the right call to get the full headers/back.

Agostinho likes this.
  3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    The manifolds on the Pista come Inconel stock, and from the challenge car. I bet on the 458 that sounds other worldly.

Agostinho likes this.
  4. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Even though the 458 already comes with stock headers, Felix at Kline convinced me to purchase Kline headers because of the collector design, which he said is more of a F1 design that improves both performance and adds to the F1 sound, regardless if I had purchased Inconel or stainless. It was more about the improved header design than header materiel. Yes, it sounds incredible and exceeded my expectations.

5. Rory breaker

Apr 17, 2017
    It sounds like an F1 car, literally shrieks at 9k rpm. Like audible chaos, just screams through the revs. Really, highly encourage all 458 owners to explore.

Agostinho likes this.
  6. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I agree. From 6-9k RPMs is when you really hear the loud F1 sound.

Do you find yourself driving around with the valves open all the time? I added the Capristo remote Exhaust Remote Kit and find myself always driving around with the valves open unless I have a passenger who I want to speak with. It sounds so good with the valves open, I seldom close them.

7. Rory breaker

Apr 17, 2017
    Valves? No valves here :)

Novitec ecu airbox inconel headers/race cats/exhaust, I never want it to be quieter unless I’m a) on the phone (which I don’t ever want to be in that car anyway) or b) starting the car at 6AM or midnight or something. If I had on/off, like you, I wouldn’t use it much ;)

8. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What I found surprising about the OEM headers is their build. They had actually crushed the pipe to allow a torque wrench to access the nut more easily. The Kline header pipes were routed differently with slightly more arc which then allowed you to thread the torque wrench between the pipes using a thin wall socket. I had to use a 1/4 in drive sock with swivel and then adapter to 3/8 drive to torque then down appropriately. Anyone who is putting on headers, I would recommend ordering new nuts as well as studs from Ricambi. If anyone needs any, I have some studs available for free.

Took the car out for an extended drive yesterday. The absolutely screams when the valves open and at idle, the exhaust tone is definitely higher in pitch as compared to stock even at idle. What is interesting is that I think that it sounds quieter at cruising and idle as compared to stock because it doesn't have the deeper resonance, should have checked actual db before and after since I do have a db meter.

It also feels like it has better throttle response. You blip the throttle and it seems to rev faster. Also, the first time I nailed the accelerator after allowing the car to warm up, it coughed and sputtered before accelerating. Afterwards, no issues almost like the ECU had to recalibrate. 100 cell cats with a spacer for the rear O2 sensor, no check engine light.

9. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What did you use to make the video. I can try to make a video and maybe we can actually compare if there is a difference since we have similar setups except for the material.

10. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I attached a GoPro with clamp to one of the rear diffuser fins. I don't think it would be an accurate comparison because there's too many variables, but give it shot.

11. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    Here's another video to hear the exhaust with valves open at low RPMs. The end of the video is at higher RPMs, but for some reason the video cutout when I accelerated hard. Video goes from low RPMs then cuts out, then goes to high RPMs.

12. Boston George

Boston George Rookie

Feb 5, 2018
    I just ordered though a dealer in Florida for Kline the headers, 100 cell and exhaust with the valves on it to open and close as stock. Also having spacers installed for O2 sensors.

458 spider 2013. Now I have been driving my car and it has 26k miles. So me changing the exhaust also getting cat heat light and check engine light that most likely it O2 sensor.

So I decided to just change everything now. The old F430 headers will crack go at 15k miles. I did go with the stainless steel. I’m not tracking or racing. You get more bang for your buck.

All installed including a bit work for the sensors I’m going to be all in $10k

Which I think that is a great deal!!!

It going to take 8 weeks they said and will have done by end of July.

The reason I didn’t go no cats because the car had to be benched flashed. And when I go to the dealer for my service I didn’t want any issues. With the 200cell cat the feedback was it’s not that F1 ish. With the 100cell the feedback was that you get no smell will idling or in the cabin. You get high pitch F1 sound and you check engine light will not come on for o2 sensor. But once you floor the gas and valves open. The people behind you will get a wif of the smell.

Anyways I just wanted to share my experience and findings that I have put a lot of hours to do decide what to do with out breaking the bank.

Also installed new antigravity battery. It’s so light. So between all my carbon fiber seats and battery and new exhaust system. Between weight loss and horspers gain. I think my 458 should be 600hp or more. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Boston George

Boston George Rookie

Feb 5, 2018
    I’m doing the exact same thing. But putting 100cell. Also with o2 spacers. The smell and check engine light made me make this decision. It was double the money from the straight pipes. . Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    I look forward to video!

With the decat, I added the Capristo OBD Wizard. It checks the ECU via the OBD interface for cat specific error codes and immediately wipes them.[/QUOTE]

15. Bluem5

Bluem5 Rookie

May 31, 2020
    Hi i m new to the ferrari ownership
    i m interested to add the Kline SS system with 200 cell cats
    1. do i need the heat blanket/protectors ?
    2 does the Kline exhaust fit into the factory tips ? or do i need to purchase the carbon tips from Kline ?

thanks so much in advance

16. Baptist

Baptist Karting

Mar 2, 2008
    Did you use the Kline exhaust remote? mine was junk and never worked properly from day 1.

17. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

You don't need eat blanket/protectors.

The Kline exhaust will fit into the factory tips. That's what I did.

I love my Kline exhaust and people tell me how great it sounds. A nice growl at lower RPMS, and the F1 high pitch sound at upper RPMS.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I already had the Capristo remote valve controller. That's what I use.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    What problems did you have with the Kline Remote controller?

20. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #45 wthensler, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Yeah, I just did my 458 with the SS version. I haven’t yet installed the cats - it’s plenty loud and more aggressive with just the cat back.

21. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I have the complete Kline stainless steel set-up (Valvetronic exhaust system with decat/test pipes, and headers. I'd be curious to know know much the sound changes when you add the cats.

22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Fair enough....I’ll video the pre and post cat install. My Indy didn’t seem to think it would make a huge big difference with the cats, but we shall see. I can tell you that going from FabSpeed to Kline is a huge difference in pitch, tone and it is louder. I gotta be a bit careful as I live in a neighborhood where people like things quiet. Everyone knows the Fcar by now. If the cats installed are too loud, I’ll simply remove them.

23. Bluem5

Bluem5 Rookie

May 31, 2020
    ya, please let us know what issues you are having with it

24. Bluem5

Bluem5 Rookie

May 31, 2020

thanks for sharing the info. if i only opt for the 200 cell cats and the ss system, will that make a considerably difference to the stock sound and tone ?

25. Baptist

Baptist Karting

Mar 2, 2008
    Just kept closing intermittently and wouldnt stay open full time with button depressed.
    Replaced it with Capristo controller.