Where is the best place to live: The OC SoCal or South Beach Miami? | FerrariChat

Where is the best place to live: The OC SoCal or South Beach Miami?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fat Viking, May 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Where is the best place to live: The OC SoCal or South Beach Miami?

1. The OC SoCal

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. South Beach Miami

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Neither

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Tired of stupid polls

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    And why?

Thx to all that respond :)

2. Dbl_D718

Dbl_D718 Rookie

Mar 2, 2019
    I spent a year living in LA County, quite close to OC though, and the car culture was amazing. Of course, I came from small town central IL so my bar was set pretty low, but I had so much fun out there. The best cars n' coffee events I have ever been to, great general car spotting while out and about, and excellent canyon cruises nearly every weekend. I also never had trouble with speeding on the freeways. I would typically travel to events early on weekend mornings when the freeways were less congested and you could just fly.

Fat Viking likes this.
  3. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Sounds fun

4. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    I read that Miami is better than The OC but not LA, is that true?

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I read that Beatles is better than The Rolling Stones but not U2, is that true?

Fat Viking and Texas Forever like this.
  6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Miami is a great place if you are into the clubbing scene, and you enjoy latin influences. California looks nice, but I can't deal with large government. North Georgia is great, but not anything like either of those two choices.

Fat Viking likes this.
  7. Blueboost

Blueboost Rookie

Jan 29, 2011
    I concur with the Miami statement above. Keep in mind what you're getting with Florida.

-The heat is stifling, it's seriously next level hot most of the year.

- love bugs. Twice a year for a month the skies are full of bugs that destroy car paint.

-hurricanes. It's been bad every single year now and it just seems like it's going to get worse. If you have a lot of money and means to private jet yourself out on a moment's notice then good for you. If you're like me, you are trapped with no way out facing potential death with little kids, etc..

-A lot of low class surroundings. Seems like no matter how nice the area you live, you go two blocks down the street and it's straight up ghetto.

-lacking opportunity. Unless you are bringing wealth and success with you, don't come here looking for it.

-southern mentality and VERY diverse culture. This isn't the Hamptons. This isn't the north, it's the MOST south. I was born in NY moved here when I was 10, and 30 years later I still do not feel like I belong.

If you are young. Be careful where you lay roots because you might wind up stuck there for life like myself.

The Atlantic beaches are nice. If you can live there and leave quickly it's amazing.

Fat Viking likes this.
  8. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Blueboost,

I hope the OP appreciates the time and thought you put into your very well-written post. Well done!

Fat Viking likes this.