Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Victor33

Victor33 Rookie

May 2, 2020
    Is there any supercars from Pagani, Maserati, Cizeta, Edonis, Vector, Koenigsegg in the royal collection?

2. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    they had 3 cizeta's one with an Ferrari engine not sure from what Ferrari it is it's a v12 im assuming that it's either from the 512m or from the 512tr they also probably had one gray early example of the zonda c12 they didn't have a Edonis but they had a bunch of EB110 one in a weird livery similar to the two f1 lm that they had.

3. SVLT

SVLT Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julian Sutton
    There has been a Pagani rolling around Jerudong these past couple years. So I'm going to go with, yes.

4. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    BJK, Victor33 and SVLT like this.
  5. SVLT

SVLT Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julian Sutton
    Woah, that's got to be pretty rare. Even now, I don't think there are a lot of original C12s that are around. Pagani has been taking them and making "new" Zondas.

6. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    This wiki states that they have a M3 GTR in their collection i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had it lol. There was also a different site that i can't manage to find it had pictures and info on their Ferrari's there was an image of an dark blue Barchetta styled Ferrari it looked like a prequel to today's Monza SP2 as far as i remember there was no info on it just the picture. ill try finding it if i can soon.
    https://automobile.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_The_Sultan_of_Brunei%27s_Cars

7. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This list is full of inaccuracies.

marko.urbac and Marcel Massini like this.
  8. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    #1608 ZFFDT57, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    That photo has nothing to do with Brunei at all!!! It is a period picture from the mid/late 2000's showing parts of a private collection in totally different country, whose owner was also the original owner of those two mentioned RHD CLK-GTR...

marko.urbac likes this.
  9. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    My bad i originally thought that this was F1 chassis 02 that Brunei owned but deep enough searching i found that it's actually this one and not the one in the picture it was in dark black and not in grey my bad again. Also for the CLK GTR i believe that it's actually from Brunei pretty much every site claims that it's from Brunei but again i could be wrong.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. alexabsolute

alexabsolute Rookie

Jul 18, 2013
    I think that the Brunei Clk gtrs where commissioned by the BRF but simply never made it to Brunei, there where several cars worldwide that never got delivered etc, like a Gibraltar based eb110ss in their signature yellow with red interior etc

marko.urbac likes this.
  11. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They did have a 911 GT1. I know the car well.

12. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It would take a while but you could copy the records from the garage list circa 2006 that was posted into a spreadsheet and then hunt through this thread and others to see which cars have escaped. I believe there were (not sure if there still are) two youtube videos of cars being auctioned off under the huts so you could ID those.

Plus the ones that have been previously sold by auction houses or dealerships with 'made for the Sultan of Brunei' in the descriptions.

As said, it would take a while though.

13. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    This is nothing but unconfirmed and likely false rumours, which have been in the public domain since like 15-20 years...

This is completely wrong!!! The yellow/red EB110SS was new to Japan, even got a proper J-v.i.n. and was there until the mid 2010's, before it was sold to Europe. None of the Brunei EB110SS was ever yellow/red based on factory records...

BruNei_carFRe@K and marko.urbac like this.
  14. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Do you have to use three exclamation points in every post? So bizarre...

SteffenEB likes this.
  15. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    marko.urbac likes this.
  16. karlos23

karlos23 Rookie

Nov 12, 2010
    #1616 karlos23, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    iv
    iv'e seen the clk gtr's@ brooklands mercedes uk, they both have numbered plates, and dedicated to the sultan of brunei family

17. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    marko.urbac and NewYorkLego like this.
  18. alexabsolute

alexabsolute Rookie

Jul 18, 2013
    I'm sure that was a lamborghini uk demo car, spec does scream BRF though

19. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    I am not aware of any Cizeta with a Ferrari V12.
    There has never been a Pagani Zonda in Brunei.

A white RHD Pagani Huayra still in its original configuration (no Tempesta Package). Images have been widely posted within this thread... BUT no Zonda's.

Absolutely FALSE because that picture is NOT from Brunei. Please check your sources before posting.

Lots of misinformation here.

It's not so difficult to recognise a McLaren F1 chassis number. Again: please check your sources before posting.

Regarding the pair of CLK GTR's, it MIGHT be true they never made it to Brunei. Regarding the yellow over red Bugatti EB110SS, it is FALSE it is a Brunei car because, as ZFFDT57 replied, the car was sold new to Japan. Nothing to do with Brunei, despite its misleading color spec.

As far as I know, this XJR-15 MIGHT be from Brunei. I cannot confirm this.

I think this second post has ansered to the first post. I am pretty sure it is NOT a Brunei car, despite its misleading spec, just like the yellow/red Bugatti EB110SS.

marcospace and readplays like this.
  20. MaxiMarks

MaxiMarks Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Maxi Marks
    Although this is a fascinating thread providing a glimpse into the weird and wonderful car world of the BRF, recently it has become a messy mix of misinformation and reposts. As others have stated, it is best to check sources and also take the time to search this thread as it may have been posted before.

21. alexabsolute

alexabsolute Rookie

Jul 18, 2013
    I wasn't trying to present it as fact hence I began my post with i think, I am aware of the japan car, currently at dutton garage not being of brunei origin, despite its spec
    I was regarding another yellow/red EB110 (notice the red trim behind the wheel not seen on the japan car) thats currently in Gibraltar that I THINK may have originally been destined for brunei as the owner has other BRF spec cars from around the time they stopped spending. Purely speculation but all the undelivered cars destined for the BRF must have gone somewhere.

marcospace and marko.urbac like this.
  22. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    This video from 5:28 to 5:56 claimed that one of these 3 cizetas or was it 2 had the engine swapped with a 95 512M V12 engine but either way thanks for debunking the misinformation that I've given its kinda hard know on what sites to trust my bad again. Also that XJR15 that i pointed out is either from Brunei or from Japan saw a yellow xjr15 on best motoring so i'm not sure however two yellow xjr15 have been spotted so it's hard to know which is which.

23. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    #1623 Dragster666, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Counting on these two being from Brunei not sure if these two were discussed here before. I believe that there's a third one maybe its the one that alexabsolute posted.
    http://yo.spc.free.fr/Bugatti register/EB110_Supersport/SS39001.htm
    https://exclusivecarregistry.com/bugatti/eb110ss/930020190204191701

marcospace, marko.urbac and G. Pepper like this.
  24. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    I also found this weird concept art it appears that TWR wanted to create a special Brunei XJ220 not sure if the thing is real or not. It has a weird exhaust and the rims from the XJ220S.

25. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Could this be the third Cizeta? or my eyes playing on me? the headlight shape looks quite similar to the Cizeta's i wouldn't think that it's a Diablo but it could be my eyes playing on me.