400i original Neiman key blank | FerrariChat

400i original Neiman key blank

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, May 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    My local lock smith ordered me 10 (minimum order) from the Neiman factory via his distributor. I'll just say that all 10 cost a LOT less than your asking price. I got onto the lock smith after Dennis McCain charged me $75 for one blank 10+ years ago. I returned it for a refund.
    Ken

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    That's fair feedback Ken. I got my price from a few of the ones listed for sale these days, and mine is much cheaper than those. I'm not above a fair offer, but these cars were $20k 10 years ago too. I'm still pissed I didn't buy a new thermostat for $150 in 2014, but now they are $350. And so on and so on. Times they do change. :)

But again, if someone is serious, I'm not above receiving offers.

4. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    A couple of years ago, an FChatter sent me a blank for free.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Wow! A real OEM Neiman? Or an off-brand blank?

6. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Back then my brother in law attempted to open the door with the ignition key and broke it in the barrel... Given how fragile these keys are, I will not invest in original neiman and would rather have some "cheap" spares. Some of us are investing a lot on their restoration, and I can understand the look of the keyring has to be in line with the rest of the car.

As for price of original parts: truth is that our usual providers are in short supply. Of all the items eurospares could sell me on my last order, all were repro, none from car they have scrapped. 15 years ago a 400i auto could be bought for €10.000 (and scrapped), now every single dummy accessory is worth €300: toggle switches, mirror switch, bypass valve,...key blank? Maybe not $300 but definitively a three digit price.

7. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    No, Evesham I think.

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Then a night and day difference. This is an original key. But that was certainly nice of an fchat friend!

9. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Yes, it was very nice. I haven't had it cut to match the original yet.