My first Ferrari, an 812 just before shutdown | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My first Ferrari, an 812 just before shutdown

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by SeattleStew, Apr 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it. I have to say, the patient waiting is a really difficult. I'm still hoping for a fall delivery timeframe.

paulchua likes this.
  2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Just in his picture you can already see the brown reflection in the windshield. You can take care of most of it with polarized sunglasses, and some people are not really bothered by it, but by experience I know I get annoyed by it. Same goes for the rear shelf in my Lusso, I opted for black instead of Cuoio just to avoid reflections in my rear view mirror. But I agree brown dash really livens up the all interior.

3. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Today I opened the My Ferrari app and a VIN has been assigned. Hopefully that means the car will go into production shortly after the factory reopens

4. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Status 20 as of yesterday

ryalex likes this.
  5. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Status 30 as of Thursday 5/28. I’m considering air freight from Italy to Seattle, waiting on the shipping quote

Avneet likes this.
  6. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Last time I knew someone that did this it cost about $25k, but is probably more now.

7. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    That was what they let me know would be the approximate cost. I've been bouncing around getting another car, so air freighting vs buying another car makes more sense to me

of2worlds likes this.
  8. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I would do it man, the waiting sucks! Also you should come hang out with us local Ferrari people. FCA here is good and FoS runs some good events as well. Next one is a track day in June.

9. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I would absolutely love to! I joined the NW FCA after putting my order in, can't wait to get to some events. I also have an article in the newsletter this month.

Sadly, I won't make any June track days, as I don't have a car for the track. I chose the absolute WRONG time to not have any fun cars. I've got my E36 M3 undergoing full restoration, and I sold my other M3.

I also joined Driver's Club in Redmond, so I plan to get out to events put on by them when the 812 arrives.

10. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Officially have ordered air freight for the 812 from Italy to Seattle. It's around $15k, and Ferrari is estimating a time savings of 3-6 weeks vs the car being on a ship.

RamsHmb, wrs and IPO1 like this.
  11. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Dealer just let me know the car finished Status 40 and is cruising down the line. Ferrari production is really moving along right now it seems

Texas2step and Avia11 like this.
  12. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Dealer updated me today that it is finished with 70 and is prepping for shipping. I've got airfreight, so I'll be curious when it gets on a plane. 3 weeks from start of chassis production to end of status 70. Very excited to see the car!

of2worlds and gliazzurri like this.
  13. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Very fast! Nice. They won’t make many more; a special car... enjoy and drive the hell out of it!!

14. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I plan to drive it past 100,000 miles! Sitting in Status 85, waiting plane. Ferrari hasn't informed my dealer when it will be flying yet though

of2worlds likes this.
  15. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Won't be long, please post delivery pictures!!

of2worlds likes this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I flew one over a few years ago but last coupe have been on the boat. My GTS is on the heels of yours and I have a dumb ? When they fly it do they Leland in NJ for process or does it fly direct to the dealer. Will ping FofSV manana but thought I would ask since you are in process. For the life of me I don’t recall. Can’t wait to see your pics. I am keeping my GTS forever (not the first time I have said this but SF and GTS may be the last pure play 12’s) and I am going to challenge you to the 100k mark ;)

17. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I will get many pictures! I've already got my first drive planned out. A 400 mile day trip.

I asked my dealer and he said they will fly it directly to SeaTac (local airport). The GTS will be awesome! Curious, have you gotten production pictures? I haven't gotten any yet. I accept that 100k mile challenge and look forward to seeing you there!

racerdj and RamsHmb like this.
  18. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    My sales rep just informed me status 90, car has shipped. My guess is that it's heading for the airport to board it's flight to Seattle

19. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I haven’t...I need to check again but it seems kind of odd to me. You wok, love the SF...I adore mine but couldn’t resist the open top. I will check back to see if you get pics and will post mine when I do.

20. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I'm anticipating the car arriving before any production pics. My sales rep said people have been getting production pictures since the factory reopened, but they are 3-4 weeks behind when you'd "normally" get them

21. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Received production picture 3 today. I also got the 1st production picture that is the same as everyone else's. No picture #2 yet though. I did have to email Ferrari customer service to get the pictures posted online.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

italiafan and R J like this.
  22. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    stavura, R J, gliazzurri and 4 others like this.
  23. levelcap

levelcap Rookie

Jan 7, 2016
    congrats man!

24. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
  25. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Very nice! Be careful driving it around Seattle! I have been staying local with mine and not going into the city.

Jo Sta7 likes this.