Console disassembly 1984 400i | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Console disassembly 1984 400i

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by RicSinger, May 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    @raemin @samsaprunoff @bjwhite
    Very excited to report that I followed your comments regarding the resistor behind radio on the left and found it to br unplugged from the 3 prongs, the cables were hanging very low and hard to find, in fact for a moment I thought someone had deleted them. I also found the right screw knobs as

Once I plug them in, the fan started working like a charm.
    Thank you so much for your help on this.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

raemin and bjwhite like this.
  2. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Hello @raemin
    Was unable to fix the faulty turn signal.
    disassembled the front bulbs, quarters and turn signals, cleaned all connectors, sanded plug tails, checked and traced all cables as far as I could, did not find any broken or disconnected cables Etc.

Any further recommendations for checking this out would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    #28 raemin, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    You should really check the ground of your front lights (with an ohmmeter you can validate there is continuity between the bulb holder and the ground of the fog-lights). From then on disconnect, clean, and apply "contact cleaner" on the followings: bulb socket, spade connectors, bolt and nuts of the ground. As a last resort you can make new grounds between the turn signal and the ground of your fog-lights.

As said, the ground is bolted on a location exposed to dirt from the road, you may consider a new cable here as this is not so much work.

You may also check the blinker relay, it is located on the left of the steering wheel, below the speedometer. I doubt this is your problem though.

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    As far as bulb holder and connector oxidation is concerned, you can soak these in salt & vinegar for a few minutes so as to eat the rust then soak them in water and baking soda in order to stop the acid. You can use more aggressive combinations (phosphoric acid / Ammonia & alcohol) for nuts and bolts.

Once the bulb holder is clean, I use lots of dielectric grease (baby petrol jelly) between the bulb and the socket so as to prevent the water from coming in again.

5. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    I will go over these points over the weekend and report.

Thank you for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat