Bye-bye Renault? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bye-bye Renault?

Discussion in 'F1' started by lorenzobandini, May 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I wouldn't bet against ATC going on strike this year

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Not what I meant by airline industry... but I don’t see them (ATC) getting any public support. But TSA on the other hand... since they interact with the masses... they would at least have a better case.

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have to say that I tend to agree, but, well...I was born 5 kilometers from the German border, was annexed by Germany twice in history (= 1870 - 1918, then 1940- end 1944), so...I am suspect of dangerous "orthodoxy deviances" to many french friends... I would have loved to put a poster of Wolfgang Schäuble above my desk, but they would have me shot for doing that...
    Always the same who are saving money, always the same who are spending money, and when difficult times come, explain to those who have saved it that they have to be aware of their obligations...

Rgds

Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Please don't remind me of that. I always was a great fan of Frank's and Patrick's team, of what they achieved (remember the days when Frank was called "Willians the w.nker?", in the early seventies) and to see how the mighty have fallen these days is really painful.

Rgds

Nembo1777 likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's funny, isn't it, that everytime France is mentioned, strikes come to mind !

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That sums it up rather excellent.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Poor Germany
    Surely a lot better without all thoses countries full of lazy people ( France Italy Spain Greece...)

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, you can't have it both ways; if you want to dominate a group, you also have to take charge !!!

Flavio_C and jpalmito like this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, yes, that Fernando is an interesting option for Renault is rather obvious; the real question is: is Renault an interesting option for Fernando? Is the perspective of spending two or three years again in a mid-field car, which can't win races, like he did in 2015 - 2017 at McLaren, attractive to him?

Rgds

375+ likes this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There is the economic matter as well: his last chance to get a really big paycheck.

pilotoCS likes this.