For Sale - 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB Vetroresina (Fiberglass) Direct from owner | FerrariChat

For Sale 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB Vetroresina (Fiberglass) Direct from owner

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nuvolari, Jun 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    1976 Ferrari 308 GTB Vetroresina, one of 100 US Spec Fiberglass 308 models

Fly Yellow (20-Y-490) with Black Leather Interior

S/N: 19757 July 1976 Production

Mileage: 64,434 Miles

Vehicle was originally sold in New York and is being offered with its books, tools, jack, and warranty card. Current owner since 2012.

Exterior:

Finished in Giallo Fly and fitted with lightweight European fiberglass bumpers front and rear in addition to the matching Euro front grille. Body has an older re-paint that shows excellent without any major flaws or blemishes.

Interior:

Black leather with radio-delete on dash. Much like the exterior, the leather and carpets were renewed some time ago and show very well with no visible wear or damage. Still fitted with original steering wheel and equipped with factory air conditioning.

Mechanical:

In excellent mechanical condition and ready to drive. Fresh major service from Ferrari of Ontario completed May 2020.

Wheels/Tires:

All 5 wheels recently re-finished and fitted with correct Michelin XWX Tires

Excellent condition car that is very complete and can be enjoyed immediately. Vehicle is currently located in Ontario Canada (just outside Toronto) and can be exported globally without restriction. As the vehicle originated in the US it can be re-imported without any additional import duties. Seller can assist in arranging transport at buyer’s expense. Private sale. No consigners or re-sellers please.

$145,000 USD

Please direct any inquires to Vic: [email protected]

Please note that I have created this listing to help the seller who is a friend and not too forum savvy. Questions should be directed to the owner via email and I’ll remove this ad when the car is sold. I have no interest in this sale and the owner is a proper gentleman who is an enthusiast and multiple Ferrari owner. It is a direct sale with the owner of the car and represents a great opportunity to acquire a very collectible Ferrari.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

dgt and myronx19 like this.
  2. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    VERY sharp! Hard to beat a fly yellow GTB!

2cam

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks great glws

4. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Know the car and the owner. Always well looked after.

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    This wont last long at that price !

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Ask what makes him comfortable aelling it. If it sells, great, if not, the current market has spoken.

There are very few comps right now, most sales are private and not reported. Good luck.

7. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Mega!

8. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Cars without electronics are getting sexier and sexier after experiencing problems with electronics on my F430, Twin-Turbo Z, and yes even the lowly Hyundia Sonata.

tomberlin, 2cam and Jack-the-lad like this.
  9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh my goodness that is one HONEY of a 308!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    JulieI was looking for one (or her bf)…...this is as good as it gets, and this price will look "well Bought" someday.

IMO it's "well bought " now.

Not a single detail amiss, that I can see......there's SOME of the 1976 cars that have the firing order plate, on the air box nozzle, but as this one presents no holes, I would say it never had one!

Every detail I can see in the pics is 100%.

Snooze you lose!!!

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dry sump then it really would be something. But still a great car of course.

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    All the North American cars were wet sump engines.

Just overfill two quarts on Track Day!!!

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Just looking some more..the 'glass cars have some unique details against my '77 steel.

Note, for instance, the "skinny number" odometer and trip mileage indicator.
    Those are unique to the very early cars.

This is very nice.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  14. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #15 Jack-the-lad, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Shouldn't factory original Euro rear bumpers for ‘glas cars have integral reversing lamps? Presumably US market cars had them in the turn indicators, as the subject car does.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Photo credit Enzo magazine.

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    UPDATE! Car is no longer available. Moderators please take down this ad or remove sellers contact information and if possible close or delete this thread.