Fusebox | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fusebox

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by greatscott73, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    No warranty?

2. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    As I mentioned previously, the only thing that kept me from buying Guido's product was the thought of cutting and recrimping 60-70 separate wires. My 65 year old hands have far too many scars from slipping Craftsman ratchets, below-zero Michigan winters and other forms of self-induced torture to handle such a job. Just re-doing the ten in the one connector took about three days because one or two at a time was all my fingers could take.
    If I had a time machine that could make me 25 again, buying Guido's board would probably be the second thing I would do immediately!

ellum and davemqv like this.
  3. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    My GT Car Parts fuse panel turned out perfect......I replaced the entire panel,multiple white plastic rail connectors, several female clips, all the fuses and all the relays. Works great and the service and support have been exceptional. I am even working with them on re-wiring my mileage counter as a field mouse ate the wire insulation off when my 3.2 was parked in a barn.

davemqv likes this.
  4. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Long story but ultimately no. I had no direct contact with SRI. Was all through my mechanic.

5. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Lol!

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Just to help out a bit after a looong absence: These are for my '88 3.2 Cab, YMMV.

I used to put together relay and fuse kits and made a replacement pig tail for the fuel pump connector on the "W" connector. I still have a few of these around somewhere.

Pics:
    Relay and fuse list and pic with new Bosche relays.
    HVAC relays under the dash.
    Large SIPEA wiper delay relay.
    Mondial T trunk relay pic, but they are in my 3.2 as well.
    "W" connector fuel pump replacement pig tail w/gold contacts.
    You may also have 4 relays under the front trunk cover on the right side for ABS, if you have it.
    Alden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

djs308 and Qavion like this.
  7. vcbio

vcbio Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Flemington, NJ
    Full Name:
    Vincent Biondo
    Anyone reading this thread is probably having Fuse Box issues so I thought I would share my experience. I purchased a 85 Mondial cabriolet that was sitting in a garage for 10 years. While trying to sort and diagnose what the problems were and create a list, I was looking at the fuse box. Initially the problem was when key was turned on the engine started cranking. After tracing circuits Turns out that two relays are mislabeled in the Ferrari electrical manual. T and I should be swapped. I think someone tried to resuscitate this car before me and installed the relays the book says are supposed to be there. I swapped them and ignition worked as it should. While I was trouble shooting I heard some sparking from the fuse box and after all I have read about the multi layer boards in our cars I decided to replace the CB. I found a replacement listed for all Mondial's on the Superformance web site and ordered it. After receiving I started to desolder the connectors and first noticed the blade connectors came out of rectangular holes in old CB and new board has round holes. Didn’t bother me since I own a machine shop and could make some that fit. I then looked closer and saw the pin spacing for the fuse holders was different. I looked at some pictures and determined the the Superformance board only fits the ceramic fused boxes. Not sure when Ferrari transitioned to the blade type but that’s what my car has. I called Superformance and told them what I found and they agreed that the CB only fits the ceramic fused cars. I haven’t checked lately if they changed their listing but be forewarned. I have this Board still as they said they would only refund me 20 pounds toward the return shipment. If any one has a ceramic fused box and needs a replacement board please contact me.

8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Only the Mondial 8 (first Gen) uses ceramic fuses.

9. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Early QV also.....my QV did have them and it whas a huge pain in....to keep the fuses in place. Once the connectors get hot, the metal softens and dont hold the fuses anymore. That whas the reason I did make my own board....

10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I stand corrected! I didn't see the old Fuse Box on the drawings on the QV