812 VS Rumors | Page 62 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Excuse my ignorance but what does project F167 refer to?

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed I know you can even get a GTS if you want one.. so not sure. Really looking forward to VS information, very exciting times!

LARRYH and Bundy like this.
  3. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    You can get a GTS definitely yes

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    According to d355 this is the factory code for the 812SF replacement

456-boy likes this.
  5. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Thank you. Considering how extraordinary the 812 already is i wonder what that car would be... 1200 hp v12 hybrid or turbo it will be mental. I have a feeling to boost revenue Ferrari will come up with a V12 range where the “entry” level will be 1000+hp v12 turbo ( that is likely going to be the 812 replacement) and higher up the range 1200+ hp v12 turbo+hybrid and a VS of the 812 replacement non numbered but limited at some point, similar to what they did with the 488/488 pista and SF90 sitting above it.The 812VS engine will showcase what the 812 replacement will look like. I have the feeling they will replicate the 488/488 pista/sf90 v8 platform business model into the next generation v12 platform. And perhaps those won’t be front engine gt anymore but rear/mid engine... personal feeling. So in which case the 812/812VS will be the end of the na front engine gt lineup. Ferrari knows the market for such car is diminishing while demand for the v12 is still there and rear/mid engine appeals to be broader audience so it would be a smart move to maximise revenue. They will leave the more traditional front engine layout to the roma and suv.

jpalmito likes this.
  6. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Cesman, I have said this before on this board. Ferrari SpA has to cut production way down. If they don't, the business model falls apart.

If anyone has gotten a build in the past few weeks - which they did not have before - pls confirm. I am not talking about a dealer saying "yes, you can have a 812 GTS f you give us a deposit". An actual build. GTS, or F-8, or Roma, or Portofino, which you did not have before the factory re-opened.

7. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Sir P,
    The second the bell rang for RACE on the NYSE, Ferrari’s entire business model changed forever. Their fiduciary responsibility no longer applies to the non-shareholder private Ferrari owner of yore. So, I must respectfully disagree with you. I don’t think exclusivity is on their minds at the moment. In my opinion, it’s unreasonable to think that ANY company that shutdown their business for the past coupla months gets back to 100% at the flick of a switch, especially those companies who depend on supply chains who were similarly affected. As a result, it may appear to be “exclusive” in the short term, but I can assure you that as an owner/investor in many public companies, intentionally undersupplying the marketplace has not been on the board members agenda during their recent Zoom meetings.

cesman, Gh21631 and of2worlds like this.
  8. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    #1533 SirPouyan, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    I agree with you.... but do you have a build?

My point is nobody is getting a build. Factory are building what they had pre-Covid, but I know of no-one who is getting a new build.

If anyone has a new build since factory re-opened, pls confirm here. Not talking about a dealer "offering" a build by accepting a deposit.

9. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I don’t. I was responding to your comment that Ferrari “has to cut production way down”.

You might want to look at some of the mid-May posts on the “812 Spider” thread from those who do have confirmed orders.

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Not sure if this is what you mean, but was told my F8 just hit the water last week heading to the US port. Ordered last year. September, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +1
    Exactly the way I see it too.

12. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    I was told by my dealer in the UAE this week that the 812 VS will be announced in November this year along side the SF90 spider.

My expectation was next year not this year due to current circumstances.

Igor1982 and ajr550 like this.
  13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    What point are you trying to make? That no one has ordered a Ferrari since the factory re-opened or that Ferrari is not offering new allocation?

14. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I get the sense his point is no new allocations, however I am equally unsatisfied that this is correct.

15. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Has anyone heard what requirements there might be for a 812 VS allocation? (assuming it will come out in reality the way discussed). Will one need to have an existing 812 or V12 actively in the garage? As opposed to bought and sold off aalready?

16. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    really?

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    For USA was told 812 plus 2+2 (any recent, FF, Lusso, Cali, PF, but not Roma as it is "2+" and not a "2+2") to be currently/presently owned.

18. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    Very surprising to me and probably to good to be true. Actually this is a similar prerequisite as it originally was for getting an 812 GTS allocation in Europe ( i.e. 812 & Lusso or a history of owning three V12).
    Does anybody know how high the bar is set in Europe at least to be considered to get an allocation?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I am in Europe and my contacts suggest that they want to see current ownership of 812 and at least one of the Tier 2 models (Lusso, Portofino, possibly Roma), however I am certain that there will be additional requirements if demand exceeds supply. With the the TDF they needed to see 5 Ferraris in the current collection including a limited series car plus some continuity of purchasing history (one dealer for the last several purchases) and as far as I am aware they stuck to it pretty religiously (at least Ferrari in Central Europe).
    Also if the rumour that they will produce an 812 VS Aperta is correct, expect much tighter selection criteria for that (and a lower production number)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JagShergill, Solid State and Maloja like this.
  20. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

imho ferrari will never, ever, put a turbo on V12, it's one of those absurd self-imposed dogmas because...it has to be like this, that's it.

21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Agree, it sounds too good to be true. I hope the qualifications are around that. Who knows! My dealer still isn't aware of anything.

22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I agree with you however Ferrari are purely driven these days by financial results. It all depends how many models in the v12 range they are targeting. If only one then it will likely be v12 hybrid. I doubt there will be another na v12 but who knows maybe there will be mid engine na v12 with gpf and another variant with electric motors. Remember many years ago I’m sure many people didn’t think twin turbo v8 would be the standard and here we are... times have changed as well as the rules and Ferrari’s priorities. The majority of the new buyers of their high performance and expensive sports car i’m sure wont be bothered by a turbo v12 if the car looks super exotic and has the title of faster more powerful car out there. AMG are making lot of money with v12 turbo if they think they can make money out of it imo they will. When we enthusiasts talk about last na v12 the reality is that many current and future buyers don’t and won’t really care.

PTG1 and abdulla.alhajri like this.
  23. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Sorry for lack of clarity - I am saying that SpA is probably not offering new build allocations to dealers for a while. I am asking if anyone has been given a build since the factory re-opened on a car for which they had a deposit with dealer.

24. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    This car was already in the system and would have been built earlier if not for Covid. I have a deposit on an F-8 and want to activate it now post Covid but dealer doesn't have build allocations. This would have been unthinkable before.

25. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    My path as per Ferrari recommendation, that at the moment when Ferrari takes your “picture” as a client, at that moment you own: Speciale (as they say you must own one special series), 812, F8 and GTS. They don’t guarantee it but told me 99% I should get it

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando FerrariChat