Black/Dark Brown color combo | FerrariChat

Black/Dark Brown color combo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RT777, Jun 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RT777

RT777 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Roy T
    Hello guys, so I am still on the hunt for the perfect 458 for me. I finally found one except it is black with a dark brown interior(not sure what the Ferrari name for the color is), the guy says he actually paid more for this interior, 488 rims, along with an extra $40,000 for a sound system by Brian(The front luggage compartment is also housing the amplifiers and digital sound processor, covered with a custom panel with the prancing horse etched in the glass, it also has the full carbon package, a lift system, and a service contract for a year here is a video of the car, which represents the interior colors better than the attached pictures - https://www.instagram.com/p/BOEwlINFaj2/

I have been looking for a Rosso Corsa one and I have a couple of questions:

1. What do you guys think of the color combination?
    2. What do you guys think if it were wrapped in pearl white? I think it is the only color that would suit this interior
    3. Would be hard to sell the car if I decide to one day given the color combo?

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Depends on the price. Black/brown not a highly desired combo but not undesirable. Like white/red, need to find the buyer, but when you do, they want that specific spec. Looks like it’s heavily optioned, at the right price you should be fine. Only thing I’d say is, unless it’s an undeniable deal, buy what you want, the spec that makes you happy, not the next buyer.

3. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    It doesn't sound like you found the right one. I could understand buying a car that has everything you wished for, except a leather headliner, or a carbon bit here or there, but compromising on the exterior and interior color doesn't make sense to me unless you are buying the cheapest example out there because it is the limit of your budget. Rosso Corsa 458's are not rare, wait for the right one.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That looks ciocolatto. Could be iroko.
    I'm a big fan of both - I have chocolate interior - but even then, I don't think black is the best exterior color too complement it.
    Too dark. If iroko, that might be a bit better contrast: ciocolatto is more like dark chocolate, iroko is more akin to mile chocolate.
    At any rate, if I had to guess based on what I have read on F-chat, either or those combos might be a harder resale than something traditional like red/beige or red/black.

Finally, if Rossa Corsa is your dream color, I would wait until "the one" pops up rather than settling. It's not like it is a very rare unicorn spec.

Best of luck in your hunt...T

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I think you should be 100% satisfied with the colors that you choose. Don't settle. Be patient and you'll find the right one.

pizzadude likes this.
  6. RT777

RT777 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Roy T
    Honestly with all the perks, the condition of the car, and the ridiculously low mileage(only 6800), I think I will be happier with it than a Rosso Corsa with fewer specs/more miles, I might go for it and wrap it guys...

7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Well, 6800 is not considered low mileage for a Ferrari, as ridiculous as it sounds. I like black -- my car is nero daytona (metallic black) and I like tan/brown interiors, too -- mine is cuoio. What is the asking price for the car? Is it under warranty? At a Ferrari dealer or elsewhere? You will want to have it inspected by someone who knows what they are looking at.

For me, personally, the big audio system would not be a good selling point, first off, the cabin of the car is tiny to begin with, and the engine is what you want to be listening to most of the time, but secondly these cars are really sensitive to voltages and battery issues, and a lot of extra amps and lighting wired in with the factory system is not necessarily the best thing for a Ferrari. I'm sure it can be done correctly, but a lot of people prize originality in these cars, and the "wrong" rims and a big stereo is going to deter some potential buyers.

8. RT777

RT777 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Roy T
    It still has warranty along with a service contract up to April 2021 at the Ferrari dealership, $165,000 is the range I can get it at.

I think the cabin with the logo between the seats, the amplifiers with the custom panel in the front trunk(frunk?), along with the rims make the car look a lot better, but we all have different tastes so I won't argue there.

Black has grown on me after seeing this, I will need to repaint the rims but it looks stunning in my opinion
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    That's a real nice price for a Spider. If it has the factory extended warranty, you can probably renew it before it expires for about $4500 a year. I would still take it for an inspection first, though.

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Hi Powered Audio system in a FERRARI ? I would value that as a cost to you. Why because that's probably the worst thing you could do to this car given all the electrical issues. One thing for sure I would leave home without a battery starter

11. RT777

RT777 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Roy T
    Will do, thank you for your input

I haven't thought about that to be honest, do you think potential electrical issues would show up in a pre purchase inspection? There are currently no error codes on the car

12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    My thought FWIW, is if you are asking the question the answer is no. It sounds like you are compromising. If you are getting a crazy deal maybe but even then this is such a large purchase you really should get what you want. Every time you get in the car you will be justifying your choice to yourself and then wishing you had the rosso corsa. You'll also be thinking about resale which is never good.

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Nope because the stereo wont be on. Even a very small system will put a massive load on the electrical. Electrical on the Ferrari is ordinary at best. Leaving it off the conditioner and the battery wont start the care . Now imagine the draw a stereo will make.

Ive done mega systems over the years . My best was a BMW with 5000 watts RMS . I could listen without the engine running for at least 30 minutes and car still would restart. If this was in 488 GTB it would be dead in 1 minute.

Also believe me the right owner would by a car modified like this. As a Ferrari it would put me off. Modified cars are the worst to sell, have had panels pulled off ( broken , reglued ) and anything added is of ZERO value and like I said negative.

IMO find the car you want , you will. Don't compromise its not a 10 k Toyota.

Cheaper cars are a result of desperate selling by the seller or there is a negative to the car. This can also be a low spec car. Somehow it becomes less desirable.

Just look carefully and LOOK UNDER THE CAR and see if it has hit something. Many believe out of sight out of mind, LOOK.

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Black car ? IMO had one and never will ever again. I have Rosso Corsa Metallizato and love it.