355 seat back levers | FerrariChat

355 seat back levers

Discussion in '348/355' started by jjtjr, Dec 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Anyone know where to find oem seat recliner handles for the 355? I'm sure just about every car has needed at least one, they seem very weak. Thank you, and happy new year !

2. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Is this the lever you pull up to fold the seat forward? If so I replaced one of mine via Ricambi.

3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    #3 phrogs, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I assume you're not talking about a spider? The spider recline handles are significantly more expensive and harder to find.

5. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Yes, I forgot to mention it is a spider.

6. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Contact one of the many recyclers of exotics, there are plenty of 355s out there.

7. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    That is the one. Why is it hard to find?

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

^ We have that in stock, but I'd really like to see an owner post a photo of the steel sleeve inside of theirs. I'm pretty sure there's some of tooth (or D-shaft) that is different between the years, despite what the parts books and internet jocks might proclaim.

I was given a directive by my family to not go into the office today (I think they want 2016 to end with a slightly more humane face than my normal 24/7/365 workaholic tendencies), otherwise I'd take photo.

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Ah.. I was looking for "63998500" (driver's side on a right hand drive car). Took months for a good one to appear on the second hand market. Most of the second hand ones looked worse than the one I already had... and some second hand dealers didn't want to break up a whole seat.

11. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Yes, but Ricambi does not have anymore

12. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Dan said he has it !!!

13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#13 Ricambi America, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. 490times

490times Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Syracuse
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    My 95 spider had wobbly seat syndrome. I read another thread about tightening the three screws on either side and bam. No more wiggles! But when I was in there I saw some other broken parts... on the passenger's side, a missing screw. On the driver's side, the recline lever/leveraging piece.

I've ordered a few things from Ricambi before, no issues, never had to return anything... until this time. On their F355 2.7 spider website parts diagram (also on Algar's site), they show only one part number for the leverage piece and say 2 quantity required (left seat, right seat) ....but when I got the part it didnt work. I wrote them and learned they have separate part numbers for left and right and he sent me the link to the correct part on the 348 spider page...

I know I shouldn't cheap out "cause Ferrari" ... but on principle, the same exact chunk of metal, but with the arm rotated 2mm clockwise for $25 more expensive. Also, they didn't offer a return shipping label. Return shipping on my own dime, plus $25 more? No thanks...

So I cut the lever and asked my neighbor to weld it in the right place. Ain't pretty, but it's strong as an ox and all good to go!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2407943

15. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Timothy -

Golly, I'm not sure your post fairly characterizes how we planned to handle this quite unfortunate error. Although you have now cut and modified a special order item, I went ahead and issued a full refund for the item and shipping charges. An email confirmation has been sent. I'm sorry you were unhappy with your experience at Ricambi America.

308 GTB, 490times and Qavion like this.
  16. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Sometimes patience can go a long way. Errors will always happen no matter who or what it is, but my experience with Ricambi has always been positive. I always try to take my time and not rush anything especially with anything Ferrari, and if something seems to be more expensive it usually has to do with, well...Ferrari.;)

308 GTB and PhilB like this.
  17. 490times

490times Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Syracuse
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    I'm sorry. Thanks for your handling of the issue.