812 VS Rumors | Page 64 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I hope all are sold in minutes.

But I am concerned, GPF will limit power, EU will limit emotional sounds, the market since one year is no longer interested in the 812SF.

I completely agree the V12 is the heart and soul, it is the core of Ferrari.

What will make the 812VS special? Will it be like Lamborghini Aventador series were it is simply a new body style and numbered with no real difference in the motor? Perhaps a few pounds lower weight. Even the LaFerrari V12 only increased the rev to 9250rpm, will an 812VS exceed that?

I still do wonder if the 812VS will exist...

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #1577 jpalmito, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    I guess 812VS is the last of V12 F140 engine.
    Seems like a new one is in the pipeline for next hypercar and 812sf replacement.

Newjoint likes this.
  3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Because it will be the best match gearbox / engine ever produced by Ferrari.
    Be patient;)

4. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    And because it will look a lot meaner.

Thecadster and JTSE30 like this.
  5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Do you have any comments on the future of the front engined V12 sports car line beyond the 812 VS? Should we be expecting a new front engined model to replace the 812? Or is the SF90 set to take over the 812’s position in the lineup?

You seem to be more knowledgeable than most. I remember you seemed to know all the details about the SF90 prior to launch. Maybe you can shed some light on this?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mepassione likes this.
  6. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes this is what i think he is saying

7. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The requirements have probably been watered down based on the current situation and the fact they want/ need to make as many as possible, I would expect in reality it will just be previous/ current ownership and ownership of either a sf or gts

8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Supply chain is interrupted, they want to build as many as they can for extra profits

9. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Apologies if I misunderstand but are you saying production overall will increase? Or will they net supply the market with less cars if supply chain is interrupted which was my understanding

10. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm saying they want to build as many as they can but, the supply chain issues will lead to lower production with less cars released into the market. I am almost certain we will see less cars shipped this year then last but, Ferrari will certainly not want that to happen so let's see what they can do. For certain less cars in the market will help prices as the cars are now trading just above the competition which, is a sorry state of affairs from where ferrari has come from

11. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I see. I agree however I hope they will realise that they need to reduce production and slow down the pace of new model development they can’t just think of making money day 1 and let used cars sitting with dealers unable to sell them at discounts. Clearly the market has lost confidence and interest in the brand it is undeniable. While F12 until after end of production were selling like hotcakes above msrp F12 and 812 aren’t getting sold here in the UK despite being now at competitive levels and amazing piece of motoring. It is sad it ended up in that place and is evidence that the market needs a change in direction somehow. I have no doubt Ferrari have seen that damage and I’m curious to see how they react to it. If and that’s what i suspect they are looking purely at profit then there is no other choice than increasing massively volume and production of less expensive cars. Porsche model with some multi million variants here and there. There is no way they will continue to sell lussos/812/suv/f8/portofino... at £300/400k with the current approach

Roland1688, deltona and Maloja like this.
  12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I am in absolute agreement and hope they take notice but, I fear they will not and just keep producing to keep shareholders happy

Roland1688 likes this.
  13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Agreed and the competition has definitely caught up. The Huracan STO and McLaren 765 will be VERY serious competition and still "pure" non hybrid tech. McLaren's obsession with weight reduction is in their DNA and its something that appeals to a broad audience and is marketed well by McLaren. Lamborghini's V10 NA engine is incredible in terms of sound and responsiveness and their aero also very interesting technically.

Ferrari IMO needs to consider that the competition is intense and when spending these days on a car there are a number of great alternatives.

14. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    True and which is why they will have no choice but to make their expensive cars (sports series) more exclusive and rarer and perhaps at the same time introduce cheaper entry level high performance cars where they will target a higher volume. I agree with your comparison to Mclaren and Lamborghini, let’s also mention the new 911 turbo S Porsche which prob beats them all performance wise for a fraction of the cost and looks good.

Shack likes this.
  15. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You guys think they will make both variants (Coupe/GTS)? I want to say its a given but I could see them making a justification for no GTS or maybe do the last of last AKA SA Aperta kind of thing.

16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    My understanding is they will make both. Both numbered, the Aperta much more exclusive

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    If common sense is any guide, they will make it numbered and do both coupe and Aperta versions. They are best served if it is hard to acquire and immediately goes up in value. But they are also best served by not leaving as much $$ on the table as happened with TdF.

This should be fun. There are several balls being juggled with the VS, including how they bring out the SF-90 Spider. All interconnected.

18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    If it’s numbered any idea what the criteria should be to get one?

19. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes I figured the SF90 spider would be in the mix, however I also think 812SS coupe first and GTS after. I am not sure they want to impact GTS sales with an SS version during the same period. And with all that said I am sure there will be more surprises to come, they have gotten good at that :) Someone said criteria, ask your dealer, they are the most important criteria :D

20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Everything can t be said...812 and variants are the present and still / soon for sale
    I presume ferro and ppg 70 knows what i mean...

PTG1, ppg70 and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  21. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    According to the hints harvested here and there, looks like 812VS' engine will be
    -Naturally aspirated
    -With a sort of "extra power" function
    -Featuring exhaust energy recovering

Those three things could lead to an electrical turbocompound layout?

Inviato dal mio BAH-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    @day355 also stated something about it having the best engine/gearbox matchup of any Ferrari. Manual or new/improved double clutch? Excited to learn more about this car.

Doug23 likes this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Hurancn NA V10 is pure. Mclaren twin turbo not pure. Credit should be given to those that can still design pure drivetrains and be competitive. :)

gliazzurri and Roland1688 like this.
  24. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I don’t think anyone knows yet and it will very much depend on market conditions at the time of the launch
    Pre-COVID they mentioned ownership of a 812 and at least one of the B-list cars (Lusso, Portofino, not sure about Roma). If demand is low and the economy is weak these may be relaxed. If demand is through the roof, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go back to TDF-style requirements (5 Ferraris in the garage owned from new including a limited numbered series)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Thecadster likes this.
  25. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Thank you. Therefore based on the requirements pre Covid criteria already appears much looser than it was for the TDF and I can’t see how demand post covid could be materially higher. There will be therefore a lot of people who will qualify for that car so I really wonder how they will manage allocations in this case if the car is really numbered. It feels more likely based on the criteria that the car be limited and not numbered which has been my view so far but only time will tell. My personal opinion if demand is through the roof they won’t tighten criteria but instead go for a pista-like limited non numbered approach to meet demand and increase revenue especially in a post covid world where demand for new cars overall will undoubtedly be lower than anticipated.