For Sale - For sale ONE owner 1954 mile 1992 348tb | Page 4 | FerrariChat

For Sale For sale ONE owner 1954 mile 1992 348tb

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Stentboy, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes and they work.

2. Redsteed

Redsteed Rookie

Aug 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mauro Marchese
    Cool, thanks. Had difficulty making them out from your pics. Perhaps it's the finest example on the planet, at least from these pics.

Stentboy likes this.
  3. Redsteed

Redsteed Rookie

Aug 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mauro Marchese
    A few questions regarding the interior sticky surfaces you mentioned earlier. You stated you replaced the guage cluster inner surface, is this correct? Also many other bits like the air vents and likely the center console area around the transmission shifter. Given the condition of the car, why did those problems even occur. Have the replacement pieces degraded over time or were they generally manufactured with improved finishes?

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Google on sticky parts...….it's a well known problem, with well known resolutions.

GLWS!

Stentboy likes this.
  5. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    As stated by BigTex it has nothing to do with how the car is cared for, it was a stupid process and will degrade overtime. As I stated in a previous post, I replaced the steering wheel surround with an NOS piece which was a very stupid thing to do because within two or three years it became sticky. There are some tab pieces on the top by the vents in the dash that probably need to be replaced. I also bought some of those but I’m sure they have since gotten sticky as well. However, with that said , most of the other pieces were taken care of professionally utilizing a process that should last virtually forever. At least 90% of the affected areas have already been addressed. Redsteed if you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to reach out to me directly.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ricambi America has shown us NOS parts that had gone bad IN THE BOX...:p

But really it's a quibble.
    You have a time piece example..

I cannot get yours but Calder1s offering is a fine example.
    I have to go back to work!

I WANT things!!!

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I’m going to get to surround off and get it taken care of, quite honestly I should’ve done it a year ago. But you are correct there’s absolutely no point in using NOS interior Ferrari plastic pieces.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Fabulous car. I would recommend that all pieces be removed and sent to StickyRX so that they can all be refinished under the same process, and look totally consistent. StickyRX really does the finest job and the sticky issue will never return.

kuwait355, Graz and Wade like this.
  9. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    They all look the same and they were handled by somebody local that I would highly recommend.

10. preachhames

preachhames Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2016
    Lincolnton, NC
    Full Name:
    Gregory Clark Hames
    jjmalez and Thecadster like this.
  11. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks, that’s a pretty car.

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Capitulation, jjmalez and Thecadster like this.
  13. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    I’ve know this car for 20 years and it’s just as described; pristine. If anyone is looking for the ultimate garage queen, no stories, museum quality, pampered 348, this is the car. Period.

14. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks Alex! I just installed a freshly refinished non-sticky steering wheel surround on her yesterday. My guy did a beautiful job on it.

15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    amazed this hasn't sold. Best of luck what a stunning example. It's funny how we all tell one another to drive our Ferraris, but when an ultra low mileage example pops up we are then all drooling over it!

Stentboy likes this.
  16. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yeah I’m a little surprised myself that it hasn’t sold but it is a limited market and we are in the middle of a pandemic. I would be very interested to see a better example of any Ferrari from 1992.

efg2014 likes this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m a 348 fan. I love the design and I think it’s an exciting little Ferrari. In many ways, it’s the last of its kind, and this is coming from someone who owns one of each model that sandwiches it (1989 328 GTB and 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta). Unfortunately, fair or not, the 348 is much maligned. This example is likely the best of the best of 348’s, so I hope you get a strong price for it eventually.

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    from 1992 maybe an ultra low mileage 512m or F40. I can't imagine finding another 1992 car with that low of miles!

19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Amazing example. True collectible. I think the car should go on BAT. Much bigger audience. Almost guaranteed to sell and probably for better money than you might expect.

kuwait355 likes this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agreeed. By the way, how much does BAT charge the seller?

21. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    According to their website, seller can pick between $99.00 standard or $349.00 “ plus listing. There is also a white glove option. Price for that is not listed. Buyer pays 5% of the price capped at $5,000.00

22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you

23. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I guess you are right and I’m going to look into it today. If I really want to sell it I need to put it on a platform where more people can see it.

Thecadster likes this.
  24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes and no, as I've heard the BAT is a lot of details to deal with, mandated reserve, etc.
    You still actively marketing it?

Did you se the newly detailed engine bay Thread??
    Makes it look like a jewel box, with some liberties taken....