430 - Ceramic Coated Fabspeed Headers Melt Handbrake Cables | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Ceramic Coated Fabspeed Headers Melt Handbrake Cables

Discussion in '360/430' started by 1949live, Jun 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    who in their right mind would do that?

EastMemphis likes this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    A designer would love to have heat dissipate with the hood closed as well as with it open. Nothing would crack from natural convection with the hood open. Heat soak accelerates failure in all life test modelling so limiting the peak and duration will extend component life. Seriously doubt there is an area adjacent to a hot zone that will cool so rapidly as to cause material fatigue. It's not like your pouring ice water in there. I think your instincts were correct.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I would w my capristo blankets. Did it a few years back by accident when I went to check up on a rattle right after a long run. Literally and unknowingly placed my palm on the blanket after I had removed the under tray. Skin still intact, zero injuries.

As eluded to earlier, for those looking for serious protection and durability there is really only 1 option.

5. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I used Fabspeed blankets on my 360 and Maxspeed on the F430. Only issue was breaking in the Fabspeed ones took longer. Meaning they smoked and smelled for about a dozen good run cycles. The Maxspeed ones were about half that to break in.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Eric C likes this.