Maser MC cabrio to Cali 30? | FerrariChat

Maser MC cabrio to Cali 30?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jblakesmith_gt, Jun 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Waited a while to find my MC cabrio with CPO a couple years back, but now considering trading for Cali 30 cpo. Don't think I can justify keeping both since they are Sunday drivers. I prefer a cabrio with some kind of back seat for our 5 yr old son in a small booster seat. Never had an f car before and would love to hear thoughts. Cali 30 quicker, larger trunk, smaller back seat, and of course a prancing horse. Both NA, so exhaust should sound good on cali 30? Better sound than cali t? Still need to test drive, but thought I would start with the experts here first. To me, exhaust is a big part of driving experience. Heard a few vids of aftermarket exhaust on na cali 30 and it sounded f1 like. Thanks. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Definitely less space in the Cali for the kid

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Every time someone asks about the back seats of the Cali, I feel compelled to post this pic of our "child" in the back seat. She's only 27 lbs, and
    my wife is 5'8", so the passenger seat is not even fully back. Unless you have very small children, or very supple young adults, the back seats are useless IMO for anything other than groceries, a few extra suitcases, or lap dogs. There's a lot of reasons to buy a Cali - and the 30, esp. if you can find the HS package - are a screaming deal, but the rear seats are not one of those reasons...T Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bravo68, BLAMPEE and m5shiv like this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was told the same when I was considering a Cali T: if you really want to take kids the Maserati is a better choice than California. And frankly better "value" at current prices.

5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    That's why I have a 612, but the OP clearly wants some sun ! The Maserati is just not fast enough for me any longer.

6. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    The Maserati does have massively more back seat room as was mentioned.
    We consider our CaliT a 3 seater - me in the driver seat and either my wife or oldest son in the passenger seat and younger son in the back behind the passenger. We did once get all 4 of us in the night we got it... but it was far from a comfortable ride to dinner that night. Your 5 year old will fit in the back seat behind the passenger as long as their (the passenger's) legs aren't too long... but in a few years not so much. Meanwhile you can fit "real people" in the back seats of the Maserati. But should you really be buying a car based on needs a few years from now, or will you likely replace again in 3 years?

As for sound, I haven't heard a Cali30. I know the Maserati sounds better than the CaliT does, but I'm assuming so does the Cali30?

All that said, the Cali30 will be faster... and I personally MUCH prefer hard-top to soft-top convertibles. And it's a Ferrari.

7. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Its not so bad! I’m not sure what the difference is from Cali to Portofino but here is a pic of me with the kids (blurred it for privacy). My daughter is 19 and 5 ft 6 and my son is 11 and 5 ft. Its a squeeze but well worth it. Masers are so slow compared to the ferrari! Go fo it. May not be worth a 2 hr drive but the most we have done is a 1.5 hr drive with no complaints

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    My wife (5 ft 2) is usually in the passenger side with my daughter behind her and my son behind me. If you have a tall family may not work

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    we managed to fit in 2 couples. Cali T top down it works ok for short distances or for less than 30 mins of driving.

you should see the rear seats of BMW 8 cabrio. That's one of the most uncomfortable I've seen.

10. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    I think Cali should be ok for short around town cruises for our 6 year old based on booster seat, wife in front seat, and comparison to mc when front seat is moved back similar to cali spacing at dealership. The cali shorter seat pan may even be better with booster for our 6 year old due to leg length. Thanks.
    I think I'll start looking for cali 30 or t if the price and spec is right on either. I assumed the na cali would have have better exhaust note, but I've read where t is just as good and you can hear turbos? Is that true? Thanks. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk