F8 - Order Status | Page 32 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Glenn- Care to share what part of the country you are in?

2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    And we shall go for a drive!

3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Can’t wait for that, at least it looks like I’ll have the car when it starts cooling down!

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. Jwootson

Jwootson Rookie

Feb 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    justin wootson
    My dealer is telling me by the end of the year but it’s never been anything they’ve been for sure about. Always been a vague type answer which being an entrepreneur myself gets me frustrated. I can’t operate my business that way and seeing a top tier auto company functioning successfully in that manner is so annoying. If the timelines that I’m seeing are correct I might get lucky if my car’s here by the first quarter of 2021. I was expecting a fall 2020 delivery which I was originally told by the dealer when we spec’d the car would definitely be possible but again I think my expectations are way too high. Definitely not enjoying the experience so far. Hope that changes though.

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    frustrating for sure but it’s part of the fun of getting a new ferrari. It’s organized chaos but at the end of the day, it’s a great feeling when your car finally arrives.

6. Reka

Reka Rookie

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al
    I placed my order Jan 2020 as well and the estimation given to me is mid-2021.

jm2 likes this.
  7. Jwootson

Jwootson Rookie

Feb 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    justin wootson
    If they would've told me that from the start that it would be a year and a half before delivery I would've never ordered the car. It just seems so unrealistic for a mass produced car to take that long to build. I've got friends that have received cars from other brands in a reasonable time along the timeline like I was originally given. I have a friend that has a 765 on order and from the looks of it he'll receive his car before I will. Seems more than ridiculous.

8. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Midwest

SoCal to az likes this.
  9. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    They still have Pistas and other cars that have not been delivered to their customers....creating quite a backlog. Also in three months (August) the plant shuts down for the month.

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No August shutdown this year, working thru to make up lost time due to the Chinese virus

ScottS, stavura and PTG1 like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The phrase mass produced is usually not associated with a Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren. The F8 might not be a limited , numbered model, but possibly 2000 units made to individual order is hardly mass production. 18 months from order to delivery on a newly introduced model is not unusual.

jim g and wrs like this.
  12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    There is big demand though for ferrari which hopefully will mean residuals hold up in future as today it is a blood bath

jim g likes this.
  13. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Do you think only 2000 units will be produced for the F8? I'm thinking more like 6000+ with production until end of 2021

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    At present production rate, there is no chance the numbers for the F8 will reach 3000.

15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Really, you think total global production is going to be sub 3000 units?

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Absolutely.

PTG1 likes this.
  17. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    If demand is high,production could continue thru 2022.

18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    LB production is still scheduled to start Q3 21, I would imagine F8 production would be winding down by then and being turned off. It’s quite possible the F8 could end up being produced in relatively low numbers, but time will tell.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    F8 production very unlikely to go beyond 2022 and odds are it will end by 2022. Still lots of Pista and more Pista spiders to complete.

20. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I was under the impression that the Pistas were done. Regardless, it’s a shame there are so many of them. It seems F8 volume may end up being relatively close to Pista.

21. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agreed, I thought they were done to but, maybe there are a few left, does anyone know total capacity of the v8 mid engine production line? I think the majority of cars on the line for the rest of 2020 and 2021 will be F8 coupes or spiders

22. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    No. Where did you see this? I have not heard anything from Steve. I'll ping him to find out. BTW, I had the garage air conditioned this week for booth the wine room and the cars. 84F max.

23. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Pistas for sure not done.
    Final build total will likely never be known with high confidence.

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Wow, do we know when they will be done? Are they still taking orders if someone wants one?

25. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    No clue when the pistas will be complete, but I wouldn’t be surprised if mine is one of the last.

My understanding is that new orders for pista closed last year.