992 Turbo S | Page 2 | FerrariChat

992 Turbo S

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jim g, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Seeing as you're in CO, just wondering if you are working w/ Porsche Colorado Springs? They seem to get quite a few PTS cars.

2. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    I am north of Denver so easier to work with Denver dealers. Since I have bought and leased cars from the same dealer I got to know them. Porsche of Colorado Springs is a great dealership and sells many hard to find examples. They seem to have attracted an affluent clientele that’s been working well for them. I think they all do a very good job in Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Interesting new info to me regarding the numbers.

4. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    I drove the 992 4S earlier and didn’t think it was a lot better than my current GTS. The TTS I drove was a 991, no idea about 992 so it’s a purchase without a test drive. I loved the 991 TTS and thought the extra power is something I can’t get enough of. Numbers are great but driving the car is ultimately the feeling factor. Anyway one looks at it, buying any of these machines is not rational and by some opinions even crazy.

5. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The reviews seem to say due to the fact that all 992s are TT currently, the TTS isn't worth the premium, seeing as 991.1 Carreras were NA. However, the TTS has a certain je ne sais quoi that the Carreras don't have.

6. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    I agree since I am buying the TTS (psychology calls it confirmation ie thank you for confirming my irrational choice ).
    Nevertheless, it does have something that can’t be explained.

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The turbo S is a completely different engine then the 4S .. while the 4S is great the TTS is better in my opinion I have a 991.2 TTS and have had a 991.1 TTS along with other 911s over the years I like my TTS ....still not crazy about the new car but I am sure eventually I will get one it seems to look great in person but the pictures of the interior always turn me off... I will get over it....

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    A couple of weeks ago I put in my order for a 2022 992 TTS and have already amended it a couple of times (adding more options). I agree with others comments, the 4S is a completely different car. Not to say whether or not the TTS is worth the premium or not but I have a 997.2 TTS. It seemed if I was going to get a new car why not get a TTS as I am sure my 997.2 TTS would be similar or better performance wise anyway than a 992 4S.

9. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    You are going to love it. I took delivery of mine a few months ago. I”ll write more about my experience later.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

randkin likes this.
  10. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    What color. Any pics

My car is at the port and should be delivered next week
    Went with GT silver/Red

randkin likes this.
  11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
  12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    09Scuderia and Texas Forever like this.
  13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah that's olive drab.

14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I don’t believe our name was quite that complementary perhaps much more derogatory as I recall.

15. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    The car is amazing

Attached Files:

16. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Boomhauer and randkin like this.
  17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks killer.

18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations! Stunning

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Totally different. Porsche feels like a beautifully made, comfortable sports car. It’s really fast and I haven’t launched it yet but it’s not brutally fast. Not scary. Perhaps that’s because of the grip but Porsche engineers a car to be near perfect and I think they realize that if a car is too fast most of that speed is unusable. It’s 100% capable of being daily driven.

Mclaren is a different animal. It’s insane. Totally immersive. A special occasion kind of car. Speed and performance way beyond my limits but something I don’t think I’ll ever tire of.

slm likes this.
  21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Jon, I would be interested in knowing if you would now have changed any of your optional equipment choices? Anything you wished you ordered or would not have ordered if you were to do again. I just ordered a 992 TTS and changed to order once already adding a few things. My order becomes locked in a couple of weeks and have re-thought the options many, many times resulting in the one change. I don't usually order new cars but rather buy used with low miles however then one seldom gets exactly what they want and compromises on many things. So I kind of want to get it exactly right for my tastes.

22. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks. I totally agree with you on the McLaren. I love mine for all the reasons you note. It feels very special. Was hoping the Porsche might have a bit of that special feeling. Enjoy!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hmmmm….

good question. I like my spec overall. I didn’t do any exterior carbon, I sort of wish I would have done carbon side mirrors. I did all the performance related upgrades. The “sports” exhaust is still pretty quiet. I LOVE the Bordeaux interior on my car. It’s truly beautiful.

I did Boudreaux stitching on the black dash which looks beautiful, but wish I would have done that same stitching on the steering wheel.

overall though, no. There’s not really a ton of performance based options with this car. It’s a fantastic sports car. I think you’ll really enjoy it.

randkin likes this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    As of now I’d say no, the Porsche doesn’t feel special like the Mclaren. It feels beautifully engineered and solid. Made with precision. I like it a lot! But I won’t lust after it.

what kind of Mclaren do you have?