Antigravity battery on 458 | FerrariChat

Antigravity battery on 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by csteve, Jun 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. csteve

csteve Karting

May 6, 2006
    hong kong
    Full Name:
    steve chang
    Has anyone used antigravity battery on 458? Any feedback would be appreciated. Heard one can leave the for a month without connecting battery tender.

2. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I fitted an Antigravity 40Ah battery to my 458 last July as i was getting all kinds of issues with my OEM Odessey battery..I went on holiday to France for a couple of weeks and when i came back it started stronger than the with the old battery after two days..Since i bought mine Antigravity has launched a 60Ah battery which is the one you want to fit to your 458 as Ferraris have very high parastic draw..I weighed both the OEM battery and the new Antigravity when i fitted it and the new one weighed 13.6Kg(30lbs) less than the Odessey..
    I'm going to take the Antigravity 40Ah form my 458 and fit it to my new GT3 RS and order a new 60Ah for the 458..Porsches have very low parasitic draw compared to Ferraris so don't require as much battery capacity.
    I fully recommend you fit one to your 458 but make sure its a 60AH if you leave it without driving for a month or more.

Shorn355, Boomhauer, IloveGT and 3 others like this.
  3. csteve

csteve Karting

May 6, 2006
    hong kong
    Full Name:
    steve chang
    thank you so much

4. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    To confirm, you are saving weight, and not having to plug in a tender. The tradeoff is you have to spend more money, press a button on a remote to enable the battery, and manually reset the clock before you drive?

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    no, you just have to pay.

6. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I'm an authorized dealer for AntiGravity and will help you out if you need one. Shoot a pm.

Also, it has built in protection so it will NEVER die with the included remote that will act as a built in jump starter. Also there is an optional piece to check the voltage, etc. from any smart phone, which isn't expensive. :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    60 amp, no issues after sitting 3 week. Just start and go. Battery voltage was 13.26

8. AZDiverDLR

AZDiverDLR Karting

Sep 7, 2014
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dave Rowley
    I’ve had an H6 40Ah AntiGravity in my 458 for a little over two weeks now. After driving around 25 miles on the first weekend the battery voltage with engine off was 13.32V. Car was then in garage for 14 days and not touched. Using the provided Battery Tracker app I was able to watch the battery voltage decline very gradually every day over that period, ending up at 13.14V or ~81% charge.

On day 14 car started immediately with the app showing that the battery voltage dropped to 10.95V during cranking. While driving, voltage peaked at 13.90V. Car parked again having driven about about 25 miles over the course of the day with 5 starts and battery voltage at 13.34V with engine off.

Bottom line. I’m very happy not to have to keep the car hooked up to a tender when not driving for a week or two. Since the app tracks voltage I have no anxiety about whether battery has good state of charge or not. I did buy the CTEK Lithium tender in case I needed it. Finally, if all else fails the re-start function will kick in and allow car to be started after turning it on with one of the included remotes.

Finlander, Boomhauer and Jo Sta7 like this.
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I have an Antigravity H6, 40Ah in my daily 911 turbo. Works great, but I’d also get the 60Ah for the 458. It’s more expensive than a regular battery but should last 3x longer. And there’s the convenience of not having to be on a tender so much (although I have one anyway).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I'm running antigravity 60Ah on my speciale. The car has been sitting without tender for three weeks now. It was 13.30V three weeks ago and I just checked it today. It still have 13.26V shows 95% on the Apps.

11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    need to get a 60aH for my 458 Spider. Can you contact me?

SV

12. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I have an Antigravity battery on my 458 and I have been very impressed with the performance of the product.
    Although I have a 40 ah model, the amount of sustained voltage over an extended period of time where the car sits
    is might impressive. For me that is usually no more more than three days.
    I have a CTEK lithium charger that I bought when I purchased the battery and there really hasn't been a need to connect it.
    I imagine if I didn't drive the car for a couple of months it would make sense to put it on the charger, but I am not one who will
    have the car sit since the point of owning something like this is to actually get out a drive it.
    The weight savings of 30lbs. over a standard battery is also a cool thing.

Thecadster likes this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Pm me please....458 Spider here.

14. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Unfortunately user Jason B shows up as banned! Not sure how to contact him...

My battery is likely on its last legs. So I ordered from antigravity folks directly but they were out of stock on the 60AH version so I bought a 40Ah model. With monitor and ctek charger.

I expect it will be fine! I can attach the charger as needed. But I want to monitor it first...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Ahh, that explains it.

16. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    You will be very impressed even with the 40 ah battery.
    The monitor is one of the coolest features. I love to see the voltage status on my phone.

17. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I’ve been wondering whether to add that feature. Thanks for the feedback.

18. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    It comes with the battery just a small box you attach to + / - terminals.

I have the 60ah and did not purchase the tender because of the jump start feature and I can't imagine not driving my 458 for a month(I live in So.Cal) where you might need to "jump" start it.

19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    definitely need to join the club. just went to home depot for a car starter because i am on a trip in FF right now. This is anxiety provoking.

which website did you buy the antigravity from?

20. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Company website.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    sorry, I am on the company webpage right now. I search under 40a and 60a, there are twelve kinds shown with different sizes. Which model number did you buy for the 458? If anyone know the size for FF, I appreciate that too.

22. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    458 takes an H6. Did you see the selection feature to the website?

SVCalifornia likes this.
  24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  25. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    Yes that was included when I ordered it from their web site. Might have been a promotion or holiday sale don't remember off hand

The one issue I have with the remote jump start is say you leave your lights on and the battery is dead you just push the remote and you can start your car but for me I already have a small remote the capristo valve controller remote on my key and now I need (probably never) the remote for the battery on my key also all the time.

When I drive my Ferrari (I really like saying that) I like to travel as freely as I can, no extra anything just me and my Ferrari screaming down the highway and now I need 2 remotes touching or attached to my red key, 1 I tolerate 2 not happening I keep the battery remote in the glove box and if I have a dead battery well I hope the window doesn't break when I pry the door open to get the remote.