2001 Ferrari 456 MGT VIN ZFFWL44A310125562 | FerrariChat

2001 Ferrari 456 MGT VIN ZFFWL44A310125562

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Choptop400, Jun 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Was up for auction in auction in Lucky Car Collection 2020. Anyone know the owner?
    2001 Ferrari 456 MGT VIN# ZFFWL44A310125562 Black with tan Daytona interior. Did not make reserve.

2. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Those seats are insane.
    I see that the listing states that they were done/redone (?) by an individual.

Please tell me that colored Daytona inserts to match the piping was not a factory option so that I cannot be disappointed that I do not have that option. I love my Daytona seats.

They look great.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Yes seems like an interesting Ferrari. The auction house was somewhat helpful but disappeared as the auction got closer. Never got a strait answer the day of the auction. Have no idea what the high bid was or if it was even worth the effort to contact the owner. Auction is dark now, guess they feel there is no money to be made. Would be interested in talking to owner to see if he is looking for the next care taker for his Ferrari.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, the Daytona stripes and piping were two separate options.

Daytona style seat trim (front and rear)

Piping with color upon request (front and rear)

5. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Totally, fortunately I have both options.......but those “off color” Daytona inserts are bananas, I have never seen them in a 456M. I believe only the M’s had the Daytona seat option.

6. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Check the register, Jeff. I know of the seat selection in 27 of the 93 (~30%) 456M GTs (6-sp) 18 of the 27 have Daytona seats (Two thirds). 3 of those have contrasting inserts (3/18 yields ~17%). I suspect there are more than just 3 but that is the data that I have at this point. So for the six speeds, if the statistics hold for the other 70%, there should be about 9 cars with contrasting inserts. There may be more, but that is the data that I have.

For all 456Ms (6-sp & Auto), I have a total from '98 to '03 of 370 cars. I show 38 cars with Daytona seats including the 18 from the six speed list. This says that only 20 autos have Daytona seats and I only show 1 car that is an auto that has contrasting inserts. There absolutely must be more that have Daytonas and more that have the color inserts. This is part of why I try to track all of these best I can.

All told, they are rare. Just how rare would require more data on all the cars. This is my car, Bella, with Blu Scuro inserts, dash, & steering wheel against the tan leather.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mirek and JLF like this.
  7. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I did not check close enough and have never seen that on a 456,

Was “contrasting” a separate line item (or option) from Regular Daytona seats or listed as such on the monroney ?

If not, I might be looking for an talented leather guy in So-cal to dial mine in contrasting.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It was and still is an option available if you choose Daytona seats. Sort of the next step down the list. Usually the contrasting color matches the dash and steering wheel leather color.

9. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Man o man is it nice looking. I have a black car so everything boxes if such a modification is even possible.

10. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
  11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Trouble with crema is it shows everything. You can see the yellowing on the left side rear seat. Sometimes you can get that out, sometimes not.

12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    When I looked at that car, it was pretty clean. The yellowing in that photo may be lighting in their "showroom". But yeah, I'm with you. Bone white leather is a real PITA to maintain and always one spill away from complete disaster. The other comment is that my sales experience with Marshall Goldman was astonishingly negative. What a bunch of dicks. I flew from Boston to Cleveland to look at a car and they all acted like I was just dragged in from the nearest Salvation Army mission. Even had I loved that car, I would never spend a dime with those DBs. I'm being polite. It really was worse than I can express on this board. A friend went with me cause the air tickets were like $58, they had promised to pick us up at the airport and forgot us. When I called on the phone from the airport, they didn't even remember that we had an appointment. Then they wouldn't let us test drive the car unless I wrote a check for the full asking price. And they had no lift to allow inspection of the suspension or underside. I presume they don't treat everyone they way they treated me/us or they would be out of business. Must have been all my fault or something.

13. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Laserguru, I am always amazed at how some organizations stay in business with such poor customer service. case in point, I finely was able to contact Evan at Lucky Car Collectors about this Ferrari. He was abrupt at best and a used car huckster at worse. When asked if he could help put me in contact with the owner he jumped into used car salesman mode. Practically yelling at me while he lecture me on how he make a living. I try to explain that I was not cutting him out of any possible deal or commission, just if he had contact with the owner. After he calmed down, he explain he had the car in his showroom on consignment. So, I inquired what was the final high bid. His reply was almost comical, does not matter, it was not enough. So I ask then, what is the asking price, his replay almost as comical in my opinion, $115,000 and it was firm because the Ferrari was so unique. I politely responded that I was uncomfortable with that price. He then abruptly ended the conversation, in which I quickly wish him good luck. If anyone is looking to woefully over paid for a Ferrari with beautiful interior, I can supply the phone number to Evan, lol.