With GTC4 prices in free fall ...is it time to tradein my FF? | FerrariChat

With GTC4 prices in free fall ...is it time to tradein my FF?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Actualizer, Jun 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I love my FF . It’s iconic . It does hurt my ass as it’s a more brash and brutal drive than the Lusso. However I’m getting seriously amazing deals and trade in choices for amazingly super optioned GTC4s ...almost 50% down from their original RRPs. The Lusso is a lot of car for that kinda money ! I’m worried that soon they will be the price of where my FF is and depreciate FF values further. It’s just too enticing to not consider . Should I bite the bullet and tradein my FF ? The question is how much extra money is the Lusso worth for a relatively satisfied FF driver. ...20%- 30% additional of the FF value ? I’m essentially looking for more smooth luxurious drive as my 488 Spyder is my DD and satisfies my daily speeding needs. So should I go for the trade in ?

2. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I have been thinking the same thing, just think I'll get more for my FF selling private that a trade in. My dealership is notorious for low, low, low offers on trade in so let me know what you get if you pull the trigger. Good luck!

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I got offered 90k for my FF as a trade in, 2012, 35k miles pretty much all options, private party could be like 100-105k.
    Why a lusso though? More refined but less fun.i truly didn’t love it when I test drove it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    for me its zero, as the lusso is too soft for what i want.

-K1-, otakki, LeoBRK and 2 others like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen!

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If you are after more luxurious mainly, then go for it. It is more refined and more comfortable than the FF (And im starting to like the looks more vs FF). It all boils down to how much are you willing to pay for that. If the Lusso are cheap, then i can only imagine how cheap they'll try to buy your FF for.

Caeruleus11 and Actualizer like this.
  7. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

...yes..something has happened after usingmy 488 Spyder as a DD. My need for the brutal feel from ff is mellowed and having more heavily optioned Lusso with all its modern gimmicks may make me want to drive it more. Essentially I am laying the gal for my Ff being traded in for 5p% of its value and get the Lusso for 60% of its value plus cash.

8. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

....must admit that at least in the exterior Ff still looks pretty.

IloveGT, otakki and ScottS like this.
  9. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I agree. It was a very non magical non Scuderia drive but n]boy it was tooo smooth and luxurious . Buy maybe that’s what I’m craving . I’m just scared I’ll have regrets ..

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    After one FF and now two GTC4Lussos, I absolutely love the Lusso. The FF was fun and had more growl and bite to it when pushed but for that 90% of the time when not pushing the car and using it as a daily driver, the Lusso wins hands down.

I had my FF for over a year and immediately went into one of the first Lussos delivered in 2017 and missed it so much I got one of the last new Lussos made two months ago. Btw - the newer Lusso has better build quality and slightly pretty aesthetics

Caeruleus11, tfazio and ScottS like this.
  11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Go for it, I have had 1 FF and 4 Lussos.. (don't ask).. anyhow my current one is epic and keeper. Its not as edgy as an FF but you can get it almost there with a few tweaks! I saw an FF here for $150k CAD.. thats like $120kUSD. I was just shocked..

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well, now I want to know..FOUR Lussos?? And pictures of epic are certainly needed...

13. Natkingcolebasket69

FOUR—- unheard of!

14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hehe .. k tonight I will post up a few for you guys and give you the back story :p

Caeruleus11 and epah like this.
  15. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I went to the FF because I feel it more "iconic", the Lusso does not appear as "authentic" to my eyes: V8 and V12 available, relifted body...
    I didn't bought it as a DD but to keep it in my "stable" with other toys, so its short term depreciation does not bother me so much.
    Nevertheless I'm not sure which one will keep the best value at long term?...

PTG1, otakki and timjen88 like this.
  16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So live with both for a while and then decide.

17. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    First time I’ve heard the word "brutal " to describe the FF.

18. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    I would agree with most here. Had an FF and now a Lusso; both are used everyday as a daily driver. Personally, I find the FF slightly more aggressive looking and definitely was this way while driving. The Lusso is much more refined (almost too much). The interior and build quality is much better on the Lusso I will say. I've added a full Novitec exhaust on the Lusso because without it it just is missing something (replacing cat delete with 200 cell next week as cat delete is absolutely crazy for a DD - like call the cops on you at 6am loud!). That still didn't fix my itch so now I have 21/22" wheels incoming and will lower slightly (.2-.4" is all). Hoping this satisfies everything.

As stated above, the Lusso is hands down better at mundane driving, including those longer road trips. But I do miss the FF - I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but it is a great car. Hoping the addition of the 812GTS will fulfill this nostalgia of the FF in the near future.

19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I think the word is RAW. I miss my FF and see it around -looks great! But as a DD, the Lusso is more for me. Every time I try to DD something a little older and raw, I come back to newer. The FF is great looking. Until you put it side by side. Then its shortcomings show as obvious. A little too tall, the roofline too square.

The Lusso- faster, more nimble feeling and better looking. The FF will be the unheralded bargain for the decade to come. People will debate the PTU blah blah but we know it is and will be iconic.

The Lusso is simply more usable while retaining (and adding) the appeal.

I want to hear about 4 Lussos so I can tell my wife, I am reasonable in comparison....:)

20. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Trust me pal....that war force of the 12 cylinders ona grunYt brash hard core suspension at120-140 mls/ hr is a lethal maxhune with brute force. =add to it that menacing sound....and you have a brutal animal ready to kill. By comparison my 488 soundS and it’s sheer kinetic energy seems like a wuss.

papou likes this.
  21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Exactly what I was thinking! Neither car is ‘brutal’ but one is very definitely better at the job they are both intended for.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

I’d say I like the back of the lusso better than FF but not the front end, looks too dull for me.
    Inside definitely more tech but build quality is so so on both given their msrp

ScottS likes this.
  23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
  24. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I’ve driven mine at a lot higher speed than you stated and I’m an older guy, sport + comfort v12 smooth never brutal

Actualizer likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

My FF only started being a bit more brutal with a full exhaust (cats+pipe+box) and a tune otherwise pretty calm

uhn2000 likes this.