Rosso Fiorano vs. Rubino Micalizzato | FerrariChat

Rosso Fiorano vs. Rubino Micalizzato

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by KTTak, Jun 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KTTak

KTTak Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but could someone inform me on whether there is any difference in price between rosso fiorano and rubino micalizzato? I'm hoping to spec a Roma in one of these two colors, and while the dealer has confirmed that rosso fiorano is one of the historic colors, they told me they will have to check on the rubino, and it may be more expensive than rosso fiorano.
    Also, is there any difference between rubino micalizzato and rosso rubino?

2. KTTak

KTTak Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    Thanks for the link, but anyone have any info on whether there's a difference in pricing?

3. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Here's our 360 in Rubino Micalizzato. We bought the car 6 years ago from a Porsche dealership where it was listed as "Burgundy". Might look that on a cloudy day, but in the sun - wow. Looks like a dazzling ruby color. We get a ton of compliments on it. RM is not a metallic color, it is actually a two layer pearlescent, with mica rather than metal flakes added. The mica scatters the light rather than concentrating it. That's why Rosso Fiorano always shows the deep red with less variance than RM. Both are stunning colors IMV. We looked at doing a 488 in the color and as I recall, it was a custom color and a $16K add. Roma will doubtless be more.

Good luck, and what an absolutely wonderful problem to have to tackle.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

kissmyaxe, Mr. Uy, stavura and 4 others like this.
  4. KTTak

KTTak Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    shad99,
    Thanks for the info. That is a gorgeous 360. Rubino exterior w/ a crema interior is my ideal combo for pretty much all Ferraris. Unfortunately, it's almost a nonexistent spec here in Japan. I'm revisiting my dealer today to find out about the Rubino. Fingers crossed.