spec or age or mileage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

spec or age or mileage

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by marathon guy, Jun 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    You know you ask 100 people this question you’ll get 100 answers...... but since you did ask I’ll say this, I had a short list of must haves, and a fairy long list of nots and a list of well I guess I can change it later. Personally mileage means little to me assuming the car has been cared for and has records and survived a competent PPI. Color is pretty easy for me, so long as it’s not a white or black car and the interior isn’t red. Also I prefer the dash and steering wheel to at least be black. Once saw a car that everything was tan, the wheel, dash, seats ect and just walked away.

Of course if resale is an issue which wasn’t for me keeping in mind what is considered desirable is important too.

good luck on your search I’m sure there will be a car that comes along that you keep going back to.

2. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    tomc likes this.
  3. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    100 answers ?
    Why not, if it's Cali's owners feedback !

tomc likes this.
  4. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    HELE is a regulatory thing in europe. which is typically switched off anyways.
    on cali T i switched it hele from the button just once and never needed to do it again. including after battery resets and other things.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Aha. I should read my manual again and see if I can do likewise on the TFT...T

lucasines likes this.
  6. marathon guy

marathon guy Rookie

Nov 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    paul
    not much new coming on the market at present with cali T.
    So still looking for a low miles with nice spec at the right price.
    Interesting re the carbon paddles as ive only seen them on cars with a carbon wheel (although there are not many cars without a carbon wheel).
    carbonio paddles sound a good option if its not got the carbon paddles.
    Does HELE have any benefits apart from start stop (i know its got better fans and alternator etc, but in the real world). I cant find much on google about it apart from lower emissions.

7. mjk33062

mjk33062 Rookie

Feb 21, 2016
    I've got a 2015 Cali with 8300 miles I'd sell, build sheet attached. Message me if you're interested.

Attached Files:

8. marathon guy

marathon guy Rookie

Nov 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    paul
    Hopefully messaged you.... if not let me know

9. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    #34 TifosiConch, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    I bought my Cali T in February, searched for 3 months prior to find the right car. First, I set a budget of $130K US. Next, an upper mileage limit: 20K miles. Then I added must have or walk away options: Tan interior, carbon fiber steering wheel w/LEDs, Magneride, Scuderia shields and 20" wheels. I started out with yellow as my must have color, discarded this as I found only one factory yellow car in 3 months. For $115K, I ended up with a 2015, Grigio Silverstone, 16K miles, all my must haves plus carbon fiber driving zone, sport exhaust, visibility package(back up camera and parking sensors), headrest stitching and yellow calipers. The factory extended warranty with option to add 2 years in August was the icing on the cake. The car is at Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale today getting it's annual, plus I'm adding the carbon fiber central bridge, radio surround and center dash plaque, which I found used for $2200 total plus $600 labor. I missed one good car while I was fiddling with my list and didn't act fast enough, I bought mine three days after it was listed for sale. The well equipped, fairly priced cars sell fast. Have fun and good luck!

10. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Haha I feel like I am following you on each Cali thread having my morning coffee!!!!! haha

11. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Likewise, I better get to work or the repo man will come....

BLAMPEE likes this.
  12. marathon guy

marathon guy Rookie

Nov 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    paul
    I have found another Cali T 16 plate , with special handling package, the car is at the top end of what i wanted to pay.
    Not many cars seem to have the special handling package. How much do people think it adds to the value of a 16 plate car and is it worth having ? Seems to be mixed reviews of too jerky and stiff from some and some saying cant live without it....
    Honest opinions would be useful. Thanks

13. marathon guy

marathon guy Rookie

Nov 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    paul
    Viewed the Cali today, but no test drive due to corona malarky, so would have to buy without driving / testing.
    Special handling package car seemed to sound better.

14. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    The exhaust on the HS Cali T (my understanding is it is made for Ferrari by Tubi) does sound a lot better, it's deeper, has a nice bark when you start it and has the requisite burbles on deceleration ... you can, however, add the same exhaust to any Cali T, while retaining the somewhat softer non-HS suspension.

The consensus seems to be that the HS Speciale suspension in its comfort mode is more or less equivalent to the regular Cali T's "sport" setting ... and the HS in its "sport" setting is stiff, indeed. I'm sure that's great for the track and performance driving, but for less spirited street driving on less than ideal roads (as we have here in New England), most of the time I find myself with my non HS Cali T in Sport and the "bumpy road" button to soften the Magneride to the comfort level engaged.

The HS car has Magneride as well, of course, but even with the bumpy road button engaged in Sport, it's only softening it to about where the regular Cali is in Sport.

Good review of the HS from Harry's Garage, he makes the above comments about the exhaust and suspension, and since he owns an elderly Testarossa, I think he knows what a good Ferrari exhaust sounds like ;) the term he used to describe the HS exhaust was "proper grunty."