Slammed Ferraris... Good or Bad? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Slammed Ferraris... Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    My two cents:

Lowered Ferrari are often good. I find alot of Ferrari models (looking at you, modern V8 line) come with surprisingly high ride height from factory. This ends up leaving quite a large wheel gap. If you lower a 458 an inch or slightly more on Novitec springs, you'll still ride higher than any stock McLaren LT or Porsche GT model.

Slammed Ferraris though....I've seen it done well, but most look really tasteless I found. The ones that do it well are usually from Japan and are a complete overhaul of the car's looks with wide body kits, wings, etc, so the slammed look complements it.

Stealthssfc and DGPF like this.
  2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    That looks just silly and unusable.
    And the f40 computer generated one is so badly done it looks like wheels with no rubber that still don’t fit the arches well.

WJHMH and JCR like this.
  4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    (Normally I’d refrain from negative comments, but it isn’t a slammed appreciation thread, it’s a good or bad thread. Bad. Really bad).

paulchua and JCR like this.
  5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    NOPE. Not a big fan of what I just saw!
    Personally, I don't prefer having a Ferrari with the big boys MODs like Novitec or Hamann, so naturally I won't like this.
    Nothing better than original in my dictionary (with maybe some fewww exceptions sometimes):)
    But it's just me.

TC

6. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I posted this in another thread, so excuse the repost.

I lowered mine. It is slammed in my opinion. It sucks! I will raise it back up 3/4" to 1", I have just been too lazy to get back in there yet. It takes about 3 hours to make the spring adjustments.

Original and modded Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Stealthssfc, anunakki and white out like this.
  7. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
  8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I don’t think so and I don’t hate it either :)

10. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    I reckon 'photoshop / cg render'. I haven't seen a Liberty Walk / Pandem / Rocket Bunny F8 that radical yet. Colour scheme reminds me of the Pandem C8 Vette, so who knows.

I'm in favour of low cars, but not sure about 'slammed'. Looks good in pictures, but I'd imagine the handling and driveability has suffered immensely.

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I have no qualms for folks like the 'slammed' look, but for me - after the ratio of rim/tire gets to the point where the tires are slanted, and under the edge, it just looks like a caricature.

There is a point where 'too much’ of something is a bad thing, in my opinion. Whether it be trimming wheel gap, spoiler/wings, vents, stickers, exhaust pipes
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

350MH83 and G. Pepper like this.
  12. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    This has to be trolling right? Someone who wanted a meme car for the day, looking at the "Sport Edition" add on badge

paulchua likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Some folks have different measurements when it comes to aesthetics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Whan and ernie like this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  15. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    More than half the 'cars' in this thread are CGI and that pic is a toy. This is real life.

My car is static and daily driver. Don't let the 35 series tires ground clearance fool you, look at the fender gap. . . with that little clearance there is much more to this than 'simply lowered'

Gary Sandberg and paulchua like this.