LFA Appreciation | Page 15 | FerrariChat

LFA Appreciation

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

energy88 likes this.
  2. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

NürScud and Boomhauer like this.
  4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#355 Sterling Sackey, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

The USA example in Fresh Green is back up for sale. Would much prefer this example with more muted interior and brake caliper choices, but still a very cool car nonetheless!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I wonder if this car holds the record for most changes of hands

I believe the first owner was in Orlando

9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

LFA #367, a Nurburgring package car which was originally delivered to Servco Lexus in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Unfortunately for the Hawaiian islands, it didn't stay there more than a month or so!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

A nice summary by Andrew Frankel on the differences between the standard vs. Nurburgring cars

11. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    A while back a very tech savvy guy posted a very well research list of the LFAs produced (not comprehensive but still super impressive for a someone not within Toyota).

He followed up recently with some further dialed in stuff, including the overview of ring edition LFAs.

http://lfa-registry.com/nurburgring.php

Back in the day, Lexus had publicly stated they would cap the ring edition at 50. This gentleman has the actual at 64.

In no way am I saying this is audited but if correct, crappy that Lexus said x and did y.

Also this would not have been the first time regarding the LFA program the BS light came on. Lexus made a big deal of saying allocations would only go to "customers" and from the outset, a good chunk of allocations went to dealers.

Sin likes this.
  12. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Just looked it over, so awesome to see the new info and real data on these rare and always unique cars.

As far as there being more Nurburgring cars than the intended 50, they are only committing the same 'crime' that some other well-known supercar manufacturers are guilty of...

I think ultimately, considering the cars were 'properly' numbered in sequence, and the fact that there are only 500 production cars as intended, is what's important. The Nurburgring numbers are not so far off from the stated 50 units as to really affect the values of those cars in any serious way.

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Hard to tell at this point if once the info becomes socialized there will be a valuation issue. Thus far, the ring edition cars have been the clear winners amongst the LFAs.

Just more dirty biz from an Auto maker one would have hoped would have been above that

I am most surprised that the order demand for the ring cars was that strong.

The extras on the ring car did not have $75K of value to me (but I am not claiming to be a balanced viewer as I absolutely hate the look of the ring edition relative to the regular LFA).

I believe the ring edition car that I had seen at Collectors Car Garage in Chicago was the steel gray one. The owner now parks his magical cars somewhere else.

14. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

ScreaminKaw, NürScud and Boomhauer like this.
  15. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey, I'm the guy who runs GTR-Registry.com and now LFA-Registry.com :) I've been on Ferrarichat since the old-old forums, so 18-19 years or so, but I'm not a Ferrari owner... got too sidetracked with Skyline GT-Rs. I don't post on here too often recently.

Thanks for spreading this info. Nissan have also done this many times, their Midnight Opal special edition was promoted as limited to 100 (there was 115); 45th anniversary limited to 45 (there was 79); midnight purple 2 R34 GT-R limited to 300 (there was at least 347); R34 Nur editions limited to 1000 (there was 1003).

Cheers

16. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thank you for your work on these numbers! Have always appreciated the GTR Registry as well.

Sin likes this.
  17. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Thank you Sin

Super job on building the database and for sharing the info

I stopped posting on Clublexus as I got tired of endless pablum posts by this Mike marshall guy, and BS censorship from the moderator Bitkahuna

Sin likes this.
  18. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Cheers. I've only really ventured to the LFA subforum there but it's very quiet these days unfortunately.

19. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Both Lexus forums seem to be somber now days. Seems to be related to product decisions by Lexus corporate management and the brand losing its mojo the past 2-3 years.

20. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    I am a big fan of resource allocation.

In my view, they used a lot of resources on the LFA that may have been pulled away from areas like power train development.

The GS has a V6 and tranny from 2005. The GS hybrid is underpowered and lacks AWD. The hotter GS-F only had an automatic tranny and was underpowered, lacked AWD like competitors. Now the GS line is canned.

The IS is too small a car (back seat room issues) for it's segment.

They cheaped out on the LC convertible and did a soft top instead of the hard tops in the SC and IS (I don't recall Lexus ever using a soft top before). The LC hybrid is underpowered.

The LS has no V8.

It does look like the new range topping cross over will be a solid product.

21. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Lexus just announced today that the postponed reveal of the new IS will be on June 15th.

The folks on Lexus Enthusiast are all upset that instead of a new model with new chassis and powertrains, Lexus is giving them a "new" model on its third (yes, 3rd) refresh. Lexus is truly resting on its laurels. And did I mention that the GS is being dropped? Also, add the radio calamity on the ES for the past two years that Lexus refuses to address or repair. Lots of loyal Lexus customers have started voting with their feet. Sad to see Lexus lose its way.

22. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
  23. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Attached Files: