Nervous About Handing My 488 To Have Novitec Springs Installed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Nervous About Handing My 488 To Have Novitec Springs Installed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RossoCorsa716, Jun 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You realize you could have removed the spacers for the sale? Its probably a good practice to return things to stock- and remember to have a fresh alignment done- as the market place (well, at least in the US) appreciates stock cars over modified ones.

I think there are many factors to balance so it is really a good idea to get the advice of someone who has experience with setting up suspensions. I think you can make an improvement, or you can make a mess.

2. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Have heard good things about RDB

3. 0-60 freak

0-60 freak Karting

Oct 6, 2016
    I would love to do more to my cars but I just cannot release them into somebody else's possession, nobody takes care of your car like you will. I would suggest buying the wheel spacers and titanium lug nuts as a start as moving the wheels out will increase the Aesthetics as they sit inward in the fender well

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

4. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    Tigran

Thanks for making the purchase of the springs and spacers through TAG. As we mentioned, the springs and spacers are something that is relatively easy to install however we recommend either having the vehicle transported down to us or as we spoke yesterday, having the guys at Platinum do the installation.

As we discussed, with the front axel lift on the 488, you can not really lower more than 3/4" on the front which makes all the work really not noticeable at all. Its not like the previous gen 458's where you can go down and be OK. ALSO - you will notice that you will loose ride quality when lowered on just the factory springs. The Novitecs help retain most of the ride quality and comfort :)

IN any case - we are here to help! I look forward to the final/finished product with the right ride height :)

5. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I would assume lowered the right way would actually help performance and not be just for looks.

6. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    Yes it does - as long as the vehicle is aligned once the suspension is installed. YOu would be surprised at how many shops either dont inform the customer that it needs an alignment after its been lowered (likely because they dont have an alignment rack in-house maybe?)

7. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Hi ...I just installed 20 and 21 Vorsteiner 507s in omg 488 Spyder. The low profile Michelins have made my existing arch wheel gap more overt. Did you just install the Novitec springs or got additional lowering done with/ without spacers? Your height and wheels look perfectly aligned now . Best

8. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    That picture is absolutely aftermarket springs. Most aftermarket companies design their offsets with the assumption that you are going to lower the car if you do not choose OEM dimensions (which you did not).

You should not need spacers. Part of the perks of buying $7-$10K wheels are they are custom fit.

Actualizer likes this.
  9. realwhiz

realwhiz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2021
    La Cañada CA
    Full Name:
    Ara Minassian
    Hi all, I left a messge for Rudy at R3 a few days ago and I haven't heard back. Are they still around? Also, has anyone ordered or bought from a company called Baanvelgen in the Netherlands? They have the Novitec springs for a decent price but I'm not sure who these guys are. Any info. would be helpful, thanks!