Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Taycan officially gone -replaced with another Gt3. :) I am much happier now.

LARRYH likes this.
  2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Fill us in please with more details.

3. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    February 28, 2020:

JERRYZ wrote: "My exit point will be when market cap growth slows down to the point of being a value stock and no longer a growth stock."

sf_hombre wrote: With all due respect Jerry, that exit point may occur between 9:30:00 a.m. and 9:30:05 a.m. on THE day.

Jerry -- Hit your exit point yet?

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

As I pointed out earlier I wasn't enamored with the technology of the Porsche and quite frankly I believe they rushed the car. Drievability was very good but the UI/UX of the controls was awful as was the app. Most of the time the app wouldn't connect to their server. In a sports car this doesn't matter as much to me but in a supposedly hi tech EV it falls short. When you factor the $200K+ price it becomes disappointing. Others may feel differently but I had to get out of this car as I can see the value dropping hard once word gets out.

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  5. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I'm not sure you understood my prior post. Tesla is an extreme growth stock. It grows it's business by double digits every year and it is expected to continue to do so for the forseeable future. Eventually they will mature into a value stock which is a very large company that is so big it cannot grow it's business in double digits anymore. IMHO that is several years in the future. So I'm not exiting anytime soon. I am not a trader. I am a long-term investor.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Jerry, what’s your CRD/IARD number?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

At this stage, it’s pretty clear that most on
    This thread were wrong and u made a ton of money with Tesla’s. Kudos to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LARRYH and JERRYZ like this.
  8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Tesla so much better sounding than my 458 Spider revving at 9,000 rpms

IloveGT likes this.
  9. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    How is that pertinent to this chat?

10. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I have evolved to where I find loud exhaust notes being equivalent to having chrome wheels on your lovely car. It's a thing of the past. Like a little dog. Loud bark but little bite. Which is what happens when I line up next to an ICE at a red light. Do you also miss the tactile buttons on your Blackberry?

Isobeing, DGPF and Dom like this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well a lot of Robinhood users jumping on the bandwagon had something to do with it recently (they did the same to Nikola and Hertz among others at different times). We'll see if the company can make the current price last a few years while the economy is doing poorly. Will be interesting to see how auto sales are affected in general the next year and what happens after ppp funds run dry for business owners.

https://robintrack.net/symbol/TSLA?symbol=TSLA

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not disagreeing but Jerryz put his money in Tesla 6 years ago now and, according to him, kept adding and never sold so if he were to exit now I’d imagine he would have done well for himself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  13. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Since my OP Tesla has increased their sales by over 15x and are on pace to see 50% increases YOY for a while. There has been heavy opposition to Tesla over the last 6 years since my OP. Tesla is proving everyone of the naysayers wrong. Do you really want to bet against the 1 man who NASA has paid to put astronauts in space?

14. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I don't understand why we can't love both the roar of a 458's V8 and also love the crazy acceleration of a Tesla too. I don't see anything wrong with driving my P100D everyday and on long road trips with all of the benefits of an EV on a daily basis and then taking a Ferrari out for a fun weekend drive.

What Tesla really needs to do though is stop screwing over their long time supporters and early adopters by taking away features or degrading performance with their ability to force software updates. Tesla used to have far and away the best customer service, but in the last couple of years it has gone in the toilet. So far this hasn't hurt them too much, but if they don't change soon they're going to develop a terrible reputation.

Yes, yes I do.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    NASA paid Boeing to put Americans back in space as well...doesn't mean NASA makes good decisions so I'm not sure why you bring that up.

Tesla's sales of their S and X have been consistently declining since end of 2017 and the growth in sales has been the 3 and Y. Sales doesn't equal profits and the low price point of the 3/Y is meant to bring in people who couldn't afford the S/X. A lot of those people will be thinking twice about a new car purchase the next few years. That's not even going into the profit margins on the 3/Y vs the higher priced models or the price point competitors are going after. It will be interesting to see how this recession affects the auto industry as a whole and not just Tesla.

16. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I agree Tesla's service has gone to the pot. They need to fix it soon.

17. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Boeing is a behemoth that has been building air and spacecraft for almost 100 years. SpaceX is just coming out of startup stage. Boeing got $4.5B for this project and Tesla got half of that amount. And Tesla has actually done it. Boeing is still fumbling around trying to do it. The reason I bring it up is because it was David v Goliath and David won. Do you want to doubt Elon still? And BTW, SpaceX is Elon's part-time job. He basically beat Boeing with 1 arm tied behind his back.

S and X sales are barely off their prior highs and it's because of cannibalization from Model 3. World wide demand for Tesla cars has never been higher and as they add more capacity with their new factories they will continue to grow at a very strong clip for the foreseeable future. Tesla makes a profit margin on each car it sells well over 20% That beats EVERY other large automaker on the planet. They spend the majority of that profit on growing the company so that is why they aren't profitable on the income statement.

18. PeteClemens

PeteClemens Rookie

Jun 5, 2020
    #1118 PeteClemens, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2020
    1. Tesla topline growth has slowed considerable in recent quarters. Hardly "extreme" anymore.

2. Some of this growth can be brought into question in light of the ballooning accounts receivable. What other car maker carries massive accounts receivables? None. Musk has yet to explain pointed questions to this end.

3. Tesla consumes cash like no tomorrow. To keep the lights on it must finance and then finance some more. This is clearly unsustainable.

The company is at or about the most valuable car company on the planet, right up there with Toyota.

This won't end well.

19. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Please don't fall into the trap of comparing TSLA quarterly results as you would an established company. As a growing company that is too small of a sample size to have any meaning. As Tesla gets the new factories online their top line will continue to grow. Tesla has no need for more cash. They have increased cash for over a year and are entering the cash flow permanent phase that every successful growing company experiences. Accounts receivable????? Really???? Talk about a fluff argument. Meaningless for a growing company.

I would suppose you used to compare Amazon metrics to Walmart. Big mistake.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  20. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Oh I just noticed you just joined Fchat. Troll.

21. PeteClemens

PeteClemens Rookie

Jun 5, 2020
    You yourself said Tesla was an "extreme growth company" . Presumably you did so based on sales. Ok, let's look at the sales -- last 8-12 quarters that growth has slowed quite a bit and "extreme" is hardly the correct description.

Umm, do you follow this company? It has been cash flow negative since inception and continues to be cash flow negative. They have to and do raise money on a regular basis to make up the shortfall. You should read their financials from time to time.

No one drives off the lot with a new car without paying for it. If it is financed, the financing has to be completed before you take possession. This is why no other automotive maker on earth runs a high level of accounts receivable. Mysteriously, Tesla does. Musk has been asked about this anomalous feature yet he keeps dodging the question.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid, sir. Best of luck....

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I think he and every other tsla bull are drinking champagne right now, while you wallow in your own piss lol.

23. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA

Trolls post lies and FUD.

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @PeteClemens, @JERRYZ started this thread 6 years ago on 2/14/2014.

Tesla was trading at $200 that day.

It passed $1,000 which made anybody that took his advice a 5Xer.

Regardless of what happens in the next 6 years, he's already more then proved his call.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    We know sedans are out of favor, I suspect Model Y will gin up sales quite a bit. Not everyone can afford a Model X.
    huh?
    The question I have is *do you* follow this company?
    Let's assume 100% of the AR is fugazi, it still makes up only 20% of their balance sheet, hardly something that is end of the world. Btw, they said 10% of the AR is from credits, I've read even Fiat confirm this.
    You don't understand that Kool-aid can be drunk by everyone, including you. But I do know his call was a 5xer!

JERRYZ and tbakowsky like this.