F430 Manual Madness on BAT | FerrariChat

F430 Manual Madness on BAT

Discussion in '360/430' started by catdog, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
  2. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Saw the same. Wow.

For a split second I thought about selling mine. But no

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    Took my coupe for a drive the morning, and it's my favorite car of all time...
    Manuale F430 is a keeper
    It would be only one I would keep and one I would take to the pearly gates of heaven or the hot magma of hell :)

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. ItalienCar

ItalienCar Karting

Nov 12, 2016
    California
    Wonder if this is going to affect the F1 F430 pricing , whereby buyers will be looking at these for Manual conversions as alternatives...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    The one on BAT was a factory manual... mine is a conversion; honestly don't really care about its resale value, it just brings me the most smiles and happiness, even more than my 911.2 GT3RS... there...

clean512, Vance4re, gqmd and 2 others like this.
  6. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    It's because it's a "factory" manual. Some of you f chat peeps are worse than the rennlisters lol

jag-oo-r, Boomhauer, ChipG and 2 others like this.
  7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I have a gated 430 spider with the same mileage so this should be good news for me, but. Why pay so much when there are others around for so much less?
    It's a nice one with the CF and the cool Rosso. Is the painted rear diffuser a factory option?
    Harry's right though!

brogenville and Texas Forever like this.
  8. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    There are always outliers. One person, one car they simply have convinced themselves that they must have.

I had a 1969 Porsche 912 coupe. Black on Black 5 speed Priced it right and couldn't sell it for months. One guy calls and tells me he's been looking for years for a black on black 5 speed 912. He was thrilled to pay the asking price.

F456M and Texas Forever like this.
  9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    well don't let the facts distract you....... gated cars are where it's at......

10. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Nice to see Ferrari's finally getting some love on BaT - the release of Henry's Garage video on the 430 probably didn't hurt

Texas Forever and one4torque like this.
  11. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you look at the bid history there were at least 5-6 bidders even after this car went over $200k and then two bidders toward the end. Not just one guy.

Having said that, I try to follow this market and this was definitely not normal. I am surprised that many people were ok with the painted front and rear diffuser and scud wheels. The 08s are pretty rare but this wasn’t exactly a perfect specimen in my opinion.

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  13. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    I completely agree, the painted front bumper, rear diffuser and the scud wheels were a negative distraction to me; looks best unmolested stock. The clean state of the undercarriage, CF options, and clean presentation by seller as well as an obvious bidding war, their driving video and Harry's recent F430 love video may have pushed it over the edge...

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    All the money for the old tech gated! Crazy ness.

people must be nostalgic

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #15 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    If you want the last gated then its going to be 550 or 430 ..that's about it unless you count the handful of 575/599/Cali etc

Otherwise have to go further back in time 456/360 with perhaps even more maintenance issues.

So once the 812/F8 are done you are in a brave new hybrid world,all bets are off then.

16. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I wonder what my '05 red/tan coupe w/30K is worth? At least it is 100% original and one owner plus extra set of scud wheels!

Dave

17. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Go figure, right? Let's see if this price and sale will be repeated anytime soon. My guess is, No.

18. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    And being in the restoration business, I can almost assure you that is NOT real alligator. It's embossed leather. I have embossed leather samples that are identical to that. Also do a simple search on real alligator skin. Not even close to looking like what is in that car.

What is it worth now? IDK, find one guy that loves it and we'll find out.

To add, I've spent my life in Florida, I can tell you I know what real alligator skin looks like-- and you wouldn't want it on a steering wheel.

19. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nice car but I'm surprised it went for so much given the obvious paint work, though on the flip side it's nice that buyers could look past that. Interesting to see that the later carbon airboxes didn't have the resonator tubes.

20. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I so regret passing up a gated 430 spider at $135k back in ‘10.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

21. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    I think if in good shape, I would assume $145k if not more... many folks about there prefer a stiffer coupe without convertible roof issues with age and mileage...

22. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was close to buying a ‘08 F430 6-speed spider with 8k miles on it for $154k in 2016. I knew it would have been a good buy but it wasn’t the right timing for me. I still think the market for these is in the $160-180k range for typical driver cars and this was an outlier but who knows. Too many people stuck at home for months with money burning a hole in their pocket I guess.

mmyhorses likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wow crazy price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Timing is everything. At the time, I had just purchased a nearly identical gated 360 spider, and just couldn’t justify the $40k delta or essentially paying sales tax twice for a marginally better car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

25. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    ChipG likes this.