Beware of this car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Beware of this car

Discussion in '360/430' started by imahorse, Dec 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cool, sounds like a fun project and I'm glad you're not putting it out of it's misery over a simple fender bender. Ha!

lkstaack and Jhills14 like this.
  2. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Thanks bud. If you think of anything that might be helpful please send it my way!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. samcrac

samcrac Rookie

Aug 19, 2016
    We need people like you to continue to solve the worlds issues by spending many of hours chatting with your engineer friends. You seem so educated on this topic, please continue to enlighten us even though you have no clue what it takes to get a salvage titled car back on the road; every state has a process. More regulation is always the answer right? If we could only have Ferrari Chat Mods review every single post before it actually goes live, this would be a better community right?

I started making videos educating people on how to protect themselves from dishonest sellers. I repair my cars how I want them to, and transparently share the process with the world. I don't see people criticizing others here for removing their factory seats with airbags and replacing them with sport seats, nor driving vintage Ferrari's that have no modern safety features.

There are many good tools to see if these cars have been run through salvage auctions, even if they retain a clean title or title washed you can always look up the vin through auction databases to see. Good luck to you all.

4. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have little more to add, except that many of my "engineer friends" are licensed professional engineers. I take their opinions seriously.

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Oh good you've stopped by!

It's about fixing it the right way. If engineers fixed commercial airliners the way you "repaired" the body of that car.. commercial aviation wouldn't be as safe as it is now would it? As far as automotive engineers, as above I'd take their opinion over some Youtuber any day of the week.

I do hope a few things though.. if you ever sell the car and it has a "clean title" in the future, and someone is in a high speed accident in the car and is gravely injured..
    1) The plaintiff attorneys take a look at this thread and find a way to suck you into the resulting lawsuit for all that YouTube revenue..
    2) They subpoena real Engineers from Ferrari to talk to the jury about that half assed repair that compromised the structure of the car leading to the severe injury
    3) When above said happens Jalopnik runs an article on it exposing all this unprofessional Salvage car repair and the actual risks to the public and why a Salvage car was totaled and not repaired. (Hint: it's not always about "the cost of the parts")

Good luck.

UrbanHero and Themaven like this.
  6. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Why did this thread turn into the “Samcrac attack” and can it get to helping me repair a beloved salvaged Ferrari?!

7. samcrac

samcrac Rookie

Aug 19, 2016
    Thinking you're extremely educated in a topic where you clearly aren't isn't a way to try and sway people in a forum. I'm not here to convince anyone, but read exactly what you've written, there's misinformation in your own statements that wouldn't hold up in general conversation.

Either way, if what you're proposing is any form of reality, the outlet for the majority of salvage cars, wouldn't be in business because all of the lawsuits against them, according to your flawed logic.

By the way, thanks for all the support! I've seen your posts regarding Samcrac in the past, and you clearly follow along quite regularly!

8. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Jhills14 and Jaguar36 like this.
  9. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    I just like that you chose my thread to start posting! Thanks bro! Love your work

one4torque likes this.
  10. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
  11. samcrac

samcrac Rookie

Aug 19, 2016
    Thank you. While I don't know what you paid or where you bought it, the auction sale says it was sold for $35,750 by a third party seller (non insurance). The people saying the "car needs to be put out of its misery" are simply nonsensical; this is a good project from the pictures shown as long as it hasn't had any major frame damage hidden. Everything is very low in the front end, and it probably took out some of the bracing up front. I haven't removed mine so again I don't know what bolts on/off but Ferrparts is really good and has a few 360 shells last time I talked to them so you should be able to get some great parts from them, they're also more reasonably priced than the other exotic recycling facilities in my experience. From the higher res auction photos I can see one of the thin aluminum bars cracked, but again do not know if this is a welded on piece or something fastened on. Even if you have to get the replacement pieces, an experienced welder/fabricator should be able to repair this pretty simply. Good luck on your build!

one4torque and Jhills14 like this.
  12. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Thanks bud! I’ve been emailing Ratarossa back and fourth regarding this build too so it’s pretty cool to have spoken to the both of you now. I appreciate your insight and help! You da man

one4torque likes this.
  13. frankgoodson

frankgoodson Rookie

Dec 25, 2008
    I see... Thanks

14. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    one4torque, SpencerMarks and Eric C like this.
  15. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Jhills14 likes this.
  16. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Thanks brother. Hoping it goes from “Beware of this car” to “Diamond in the rough” when it’s done!

one4torque, imahorse and SpencerMarks like this.
  17. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Looking good man. Glad to see it coming along.

Jhills14 likes this.
  18. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
  19. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
  20. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Thanks bud, I appreciate the help and support you gave

imahorse likes this.
  21. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    Can you give us a picture from the very front of the car, looking down?

22. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    steved033 likes this.
  23. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    Amazing, great job!

Jhills14 likes this.
  24. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    wow, you have been after this car which is disclosed already as salvaged trying to find anyone and everyone that has bought it and talk it down even more..lol, sounds like you were just angry you didn't get it..you offered $25,000? good thing they didn't hang up the phone on you..

looks like the new owner did a good job on it, poor "i'madonkey" bet you're still a little hurt you couldn't buy it for your $25k lol