Intro - I'm new and this is my 2000 456m GTA | FerrariChat

Intro - I'm new and this is my 2000 456m GTA

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Knightowl, Jun 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Knightowl

Knightowl Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lee
    Hey there - I've searched this forum a bunch for useful info and it's been really helpful. I'm glad to finally make my first post as I have finally got my car back from some work by the good folks at Modena Motorsports and Ghost Motorsports in LA. I bought this car online late last summer without having seen it in person and when I got it, it needed some TLC due to deferred maintenance and so-so care. I also had a bit of refurbishment done on the leather inside and ordered these rims that I'm super pleased with. Let me know what you all think!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Very nice looking car. Congratulations on your acquisition.:)

3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I love it ! Nice ride and congrats.

Interior pics ? I

4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Welcome aboard, Chris. I'd be delighted to know your car VIN and a bunch of other data. I keep the unofficial register of all 456M cars in the US and would love to update the data on yours. And I'm happy to share the whole register with you and all other owners. Please let me know (PM is best) if you'd care to share.

5. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    We have nearly identical cars and I live in LA. How was Ghost Motorsports ?
    I may need a shop to change my rubber FP gaskets soon.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Knightowl

Knightowl Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lee
    I haven't taken as many interior pics yet because there are a few things I need to address but I did have much of the plastic sent to both Sticky RX and Sticky no more and both did a great job! I had a new pioneer stereo added because the previous owner had something in that that looked like it belonged in a 90's tuner car. The new leather feels great and we did the best we could with the color match but it's not perfect so I'm contemplating how to address that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bluebottle and Mirek like this.
  7. Knightowl

Knightowl Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lee
    Wow - car twins! I liked Ghost a lot for the rims and the friendliness but they were pretty slow and outsource a bunch so if it's more mechanical I think Modena is the way to go.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Looks awesome! Great Work!

9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm thinking she looks pretty dang good!

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Welcome!

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Welcome!

I Love 456s...IMHO they are the most attract 2+2 Ferrari ever made.

Interesting wheels as well, could you share specs (size/width/offset/tires)?

12. Knightowl

Knightowl Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lee
    They are set of "Vossen x Work" rims - the VSW3 https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/vws-3/ I chose the flat lip option, and I had them replace the center caps. They did extensive measuring at Ghost Motorsports and worked directly with the Vossen to have them made. If you wanted the exact measurements I could ask if they could provide them. I will say that when I reverse and turn the wheels sharply, somewhere in the front I hear what sounds like rubbing.

I went with 19 inches, I've seen some 456 with 20's but for me they looked a little too big.

13. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Very cool. They have a near OEM style which really complements the car. I share your feelings about 20in wheels. Your 19s are probably lighter then OEM 19in too!

14. Knightowl

Knightowl Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lee
    Thanks - that is exactly what I was going for - sort of a subtly updated OEM look.

Auraraptor likes this.