a new Ferrari book is coming out | Page 8 | FerrariChat

a new Ferrari book is coming out

Discussion in '308/328' started by Albert-LP, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you very much, Greg: hope your expectation don't be too high: It's only a tailor made book.

I just let talking many guys who were involved with the cars construction: but I also think that the Giuliano Michelotto interview worth the book cost by itself.

Have I nice weekend!

ciao

Alberto

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Martin,

The border between Mosel and Saarland is actually open since yesterday; I know, because I crossed it, just to check. Went with the GTS to buy some cleaning material for my backyard here: wirebrushes, to clean the moss, a big 60 cm wide broom, and a spark plug for the landmower (which starts only when it decides it will...) this to the "Magasin vert" ("green shop") outside my village and on the way to the border, direction Saarlouis. Then remembered we were June 15th, so decided to make the last four kilometres and have a look, just to see if it actually worked.
    The french customs were there in force, checking each and every car; half a dozen guys, they stopped me and checked everything, papers, driver's license (mine is from 1978, the old "pink paper", so they told me "we'll probably won't see much like this one today"...I felt rather offended...) etc...they were rather puzzled by the big broom inside a Ferrari, and they kept me for about 15 minutes...actually, they just wanted to have a good look at the car...
    But you can actually cross the borders! I know: I've done it.

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  3. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hi Bruno,

we still haven't crossed the border and the ferry across the Rhine is still on the dock for extensive restoration. The border crossings farther away we will try later this week. But this french customs thing doesn't sound like what I have imagined :-| I just read, that this will go on till October.

Best
    Martin

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    coming back to the topic, another Ferrari book is coming out: at present it's complete at 60% and will talk about Ferrari + Schedoni (both): I would say that it's very nice, but I'm the author and so I could be "a bit" partisan… ;)

As for the borders, the Italian ones are open

ciao

5. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Alberto,
    sorry for hijacking your thread. But it's a sensitive topic for me and Bruno both living that near the french/german border.
    How far away are you from Courmayeur/Chamonix or Ventimiglia/Menton?

Bruno,
    I invite you to sharing future border experience on this thread I started weeks ago.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/empty-roads-and-boredom.619065/

Best
    Martin

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I was only joking, Martin: don't worry, you (both) can go on and these days it's a very interesting topic too!

ciao

7. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    o.k. thanks ;)
    Meanwhile I learned, that it's a french thing. Means, if you would cross below the Mont Blanc or cross the Riviera border, customs would probably bother you too.
    That's not what I expected and we are far away from a Europe like we were accustomed to since the mid-1990s.

Best
    Martin

Albert-LP likes this.
  8. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Mine is from 1981 and was still that non-EU-compliant big grey rag. Germany came late in the mid-80s with the pink EU-paper. Already in 1999 I was stopped by some french police just 5km behind the border and they didn't know that paper and had to phone with their police station. When all was clear they apologized and explained, that they are coming from Paris. LOL!!! After this experience I applied for the modern plastic card.
    That ol' grey rag is still legal but not recommended for travelling outside Germany. My wife still has the grey rag. LOL again :)

Best
    Martin