Hill engineering wheel socket | FerrariChat

Hill engineering wheel socket

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by dersark_painclinic, Jun 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
  2. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sark, I have one. Believe it is unless something broke. You have the soft aluminum insert and then it gives you the option of the additional steel socket. Same size if I remember right.
    Bill
    FL

3. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Bill, it is looks like

4. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

IIRC I asked Paul Hill about that a few years ago and he said the aluminum socket was not designed t/b used with impact guns, so he provided the steel socket too. I don't recall what he said about using the two of them together with an impact gun, but the additional surface area of the ally socket fitting into the steel socket should offer some additional protection/insurance against damage. I also wrapped both with vinyl tape to avoid scarring the paint inside the bolt holes of the wheels.

5. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    John like the vinyl tape idea. You are a step ahead on that one. I took a look at my Hill socket out of curiosity of the two sizes between insert and steel socket. They are different, steel is 24mm and the aluminum a 22mm. So you end up with a a nice extra steel socket but not one that will remove the wheel bolt. With the aluminum involved I never use it with an impact.
    Bill
    FL

6. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Good to know, thanks