Miles Davis TR | FerrariChat

Miles Davis TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by xplodee, May 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    To the owner of the Miles Davis TR, please send me a PM. I am friends with a previous owner and he found a spare key for the car and would like to sell for a reasonable price.

2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Man, sell it? I would just give Him the key for free and trade some stories

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thats for the Miles Davis car owner and my friend to figure out. Rapport goes a long way.

4. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    First it was luggage.

Then it was tool kits.

Now keys?

The PO ought to be ashamed of himself.

5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What are you talking about? You think this car only had one prior owner? I have no idea about luggage or tools or whatever, that wasnt my friend. Do you expect people to just give away items of value to free? Sure some people may but not all, and that’s perfectly acceptable.

6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

That key is of no value to anybody except whoever owns that exact car. There is no market for that key.

If somebody rang me up and said they had an original key for my TR and wanted to know if I'd like to buy it for a few hundred I'd laugh and tell the guy to go F himself

An even better rebuttal would be "Hey that's interesting, how long did you own that car? Did you have some good times with it? I tell you what, How about I go into the garage and snap some quick photos of her and I'll let you pay me for the photos, 500 dollars a snap. How does that sound?" :)

Also you can find dead stock keys if you are patient and look around. I bought one back in 2016 for around 100 dollars

christc, dradambbb and turbo-joe like this.
  7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    good for you. Now go pat yourself on the back somewhere else

8. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    you just defeated your own argument. You had to patiently look around for a rare part of an exotic car four years ago and still pay $100 for it plus get it cut. Keys have value. Get off your high horse. I’d happily pay $100 bucks to a previous owner for privilege of wasting his time to talk about MY car. You have things a bit backward here

9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

A dead stock key can be cut to any car which there is a market for. An already cut key is worth nothing to anybody except the owner of the exact car. To ring somebody with a ransom on their key is incredibly lame. Miles would not approve! :) Times are tough i guess

christc and turbo-joe like this.
  10. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Selling a car... and at the last minute holding back the key is just exploitation. The seller knows the sale will highly likely be consummated and hopes to further his profit “down the road”.

Either that or he has a key fetish.

Ever see an add state ‘up front’ that the car has only one key?

It happened when I bought my Testarossa (tools and key) and again when I bought the 360 (master key). It is a common issue and reeks of bad taste and low character.

I would be sad to have called a person of that low stature a ‘friend’.

turbo-joe and Bradwilliams like this.
  11. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    he didn’t sell the car to the guy in Fchat. He owned it years and years ago. And found the key. We were discussing the car, he brought it up. Chilll. This guy owes the new owner nothing and if the new owner wants to call and hear more about the car then he can discuss price with my friend should he find the price worth it, he can buy it. This is how the world works. You think those guys selling original paperwork on this forum are supposed to give it away for free?

12. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Now we're charging for paperwork too? LMAO! I could see tossing somebody a few bucks for postage and their time (if YOU contacted THEM and they had to take a considerable amount of time to dig it up through records) maybe but good grief! If it's sitting on your office desk and you call somebody up and want to charge money for it? Pathetic. That's worse than charging for the key.

You're right he doesn't owe the current owner anything. So if he values the key that he can do nothing with that much, then he should keep it and frame it up on his wall.

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    If it was me, I would want to just give them the key to just make someones day....unless you are hurting for money

mrp_e, Camp Freddie and turbo-joe like this.
  14. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    This thread went south after post #2 and #3. Mods can we just close it now. It’s gone nowhere fast.

turbo-joe likes this.
  15. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree completely. Bunch of people with nothing better to do but post about things that have nothing to do with them at all.

turbo-joe likes this.
  16. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    That's funny. a bunch of years ago, I bought a Ferrari 360 from a Mercedes dealer in Pittsburgh that was previously owned by Jerome Bettis, after a month I found a picture in the door compartment of a small baby that was his niece...I sent him the picture.....Now I find out I could've charged him for that? Damn.

17. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Random picture, 100 dollars. But because its a loved one. 500 dollars Mr. Bettis, or you'll never see it again! LOL

18. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    What a clown - just give him the key - how desperate an you be?

Bradwilliams likes this.
  19. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks Tim, just found this thread. When I need to buy that second key I know the guy to call -- thanks for connecting us. Anyone else who has stories, friends, connections regarding Miles and his silver surfer TR please keep me in mind. She's still at Bradan Coachworks getting her mechanical restoration. Will post some recent pics.

xplodee likes this.
  20. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ahh thats your car that Dan is doing the major on! Very cool and he’s doing a beautiful job with it.