C8 Z06 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    You need scissor doors with wings of course,kind of balances things out..

2. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Damn, guess I'm a poser too.
    The day I worry what anyone thinks of me will be a cold day in hell indeed.
    Me and my wing loving self will be on the track and back twisty roads with my 2020 Stingray having fun instead or worrying about what someone thinks of me lol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

fullmonty, k wright, sigar and 2 others like this.
  3. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Ferrari says wings are for race cars. You dont need a wing on a street car unless you dont understand or cant design aerodynamics for a street car

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Wings on street are poseur. In some cars they complete the look.
    Many street legal wings have poor real downforce. On track above say 100 mph wings can make a huge difference, if the car has suffcient downforce and the front and rear are balanced.

Even a street wing can provide some really high speed stability.

If they build a porper z06 many people will not like it. the ride will be form the ineterior somewhat minimalist, the top wont come off and yes there will be lots of aero. It will also probbaly be lower to the ground. With only 600 or 650 NA hp ts paper numbers are bound to disspoint bench racers who tout numbers. A Na rev motor alo will be relatively weaker in low down tq, although paddles can obviate that. A proper z06 is designed to work on track without fade, while being plausible on road, much like a GT3Rs. I believe/hope thats what the vette team will aim for.

The car most will want is the zr1, loaded with comfort, bib small wing choice, and or active aero so wings pop up when needed, and lots and lots of exess hp with gobs of Tq for those all important 1 lap tests and unbeatable street metrics. If youre not going to the track regularily this will be the one to have.

Its always an error when a track focussed car gets blanded out to expand the customer bandwidth. Thats your C7z06. Fortunately were going to have regular vettes, Gs vettes Z06 vettes and Zr1 vettes maybe even a Zora. That leaves space for e Gs and z06 to be what they should be and the zr1 and zora to be the sledgehamers people love.

Its alla question of how much bandwidth the vetet platform has, and what the team is allowed to do. 600-650 NA quad cam flat plane sound promising, hopefully the rest of the z06 is similarily focussed..

5. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    You say that like I or anyone who likes a wing cares or should care and you would be wrong on both counts.
    Look, no one is forcing you or the other wing haters here to have a wing.
    Do what you want on your car, hell make it pink for all I care if it makes you happy.
    Just don't tell those of us who like wings that we are wrong as there is no wrong there is only preferences and making stupid statements like wings on street cars are poseur is grade school level stuff.
    We are not calling you names for not having a wing, so enjoy your choices and we will enjoy ours. :)

ForzaV12 and BJK like this.
  6. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Back on topic...

Cannot wait any longer on this car. I need details firm details so i can begin drooling in earnest. FPC CF everywhere 9k rpm redline wide body

7. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yep, should be one hell of a car. :)

8. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    #BWM

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Wing game is lacking. :) I hope that's just the 'standard' Z06 wing. Z07 package should have Viper ACR size wing and large rear diffuser.
    Are those front dive planes hiding?

k wright and thecarreaper like this.
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  11. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    They don’t seem to be playing this time. Carbon fiber wheels. Throw in CCBs(?) and that is precious little unsprung weight.

k wright, Thecadster and TheMayor like this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The only thing I don't like is that some of their accessory pricing is creeping up there. The Hard top roof is 7 grand (12% increase of the base car). The painted calipers $550. Painting some accessory pieces in color instead of clear coat is $990. Even the interior CF bits are $1500. In the C7 you could get the entire dash console in CF for $1000.

So it seems they have learned that people like and will pay a lot for accessories if the MSRP is low enough to get them hooked.

Yes, these are cheap by exotic standards -- but not for your typical Vette buyer.

sainthoo and jm2 like this.
  13. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    This is the first sports car i've been interested by in a while. Will get on the list for this one. Will they make a convertible version?

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes

k wright and vincent355 like this.
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes.

My biggest problem with the C7 engine was that the engine above 3500 just made a lot of noise but really didn't show any more torque, power or personality. In fact it seemed like if you shifted earlier before the red line you got into its torque zone earlier than shifting up higher.

The flat plane crank will solve that problem (hopefully), along with a higher rev limit.

I'd consider this also but I would only buy a convertible version. With the funky weird rear wing though in the spy photos I'm concerned.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  18. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    You can see the carbon weave in some of the spy shots- that mule 100% has carbon fiber wheels. Also there are 5 zip ties to match 5 spokes.

And, that wing, only a mother could love. I won’t care too much if the performance matches the rumors.

k wright, jm2 and TheMayor like this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah that wing so far looks hideous.

375+ and Dragster like this.
  20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I'm not certain even a mother could love that one!

375+ likes this.
  21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #48 BJK, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Wing is similar to the Koenigsegg Agera RS - but the Agera's is mounted from the top and active angle, not fixed. (btw, this 'One Megawatt' Agera can be yours for only $6.6 mil - oh wait,
    recently reduced to a 'Buy It Now' price of $5 mil, what a deal)

ryanro24 likes this.
  22. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Entering the GM Proving Grounds

23. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    If the same people that are out 'chasing' the the C8 Z06 turned their attention to Bigfoot, I think they'd find him! :p

k wright, SAT4RE and jm2 like this.