Portofino-in production status 30 | FerrariChat

Portofino-in production status 30

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cyr, Jun 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Finally got an update from my dealer today: my order for a Portofino is at status 30. :)
    Anyone know how long it "normally" takes before it is actually ready (status 90) and how long it would take to be transported within Europe (to The Netherlands)

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I recently had my 812 built and delivered just before the lockdown. My car got out of paint (status 30) on Jan 30, it was ordered on Jan 2 and went R10 on Jan 6, they built it almost immediately. I didn't have any special options but it was a well optioned car. The car showed up on my driveway on Mar 30. So it took about three more weeks to finish production and another two to three weeks to get on a ship and then another couple of weeks to get to the dealer and just a few days after getting to the dealer it arrived at my house.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    WRS, thanks for your reply. My order was placed on Jan 15th and is now Status 30. took much longer. However, as I do not have the shipping time to America, I hope I get it in June :rolleyes: (may be an element of wishful thinking there:D). Hope you are enjoying your car.

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am enjoying my car but from status 30 to your driveway will be at least two months so I think you will see your car in late July if it follows the timeline mine did from paint.

5. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I should have added - it is the dealer who says I should get it end June. Maybe an element of "keep the customer happy" gone mad :confused:

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Oh wait, I misread your post, you said you don't have the shipping time to the US, yeah that sounds very possible that you would get it in June if you are in Europe.

7. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Aligns with what my UK dealer suggested. Just gone status 40 and roughly a July delivery.

They must be close on the line so that same can of paint was probably used:) Specs are individual though.

8. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    He Cyrus,
    Will you keep us posted on the progress of your car? Mine went 30 on Tuesday, so I'm 2 weeks behind you.
    I also received the message about the gift and found that it could be this:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Mooi. Glad there is progress on your car. I received a message that my car is now Status 60. I went to Kroymans yesterday as i really would like the car end June to be able to take it on holiday. Looks like it should be ready end June/very early July. I should point out that I was at status 30 for quite a long time but hopefully the dealer told you to expect it mid July. Maybe they are producing a whole batch of Portofinos. The app is hopeless: still says waiting list :confused:

kenguru likes this.
  10. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Dealer told me nothing, just an email with the status. This dealer is hopeless too!

11. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    we are seeing the difference between being a “prospect” and a “customer”. Once order placed, communication becomes poor. Not unexpected.

I’ve just been told mine is status 40 (Paint) and it’s making great progress. Must be hand airbrushed as it’s been there since 3rd June :) I’m dealing with the sales manager as the sellers are furloughed. I’ve asked when they will be back at work to keep customers. Let’s see if the hint works.

disclaimer. Working in sales means seeing poor customer expectation management drives me nuts....tough times is no excuse.

12. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Tough times is exactly when you need excellent customer service. A prospect should become a customer and a customer a repeat customer who also recommends the dealer to his/her friends. My dealer has two sales guys and a sales "manager". How many Ferraris could they be selling a year? I doubt even one hundred. What do those two "sales" people do the whole day? Selling a Ferrari is somewhat different to selling ice cream :rolleyes: yet the ice cream girls in our village ice cream shop do more for customer service! Ferrari could automate the entire communication chain through their myFerrari app. Send automated messages about delays, status, news etc. make the customer feel part of a special community. Costs virtually nothing but could create a huge amount of goodwill. Instead, the reality is Nixo. :mad:

PTG1 likes this.
  13. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    My car has been status 70 (testing) since 24 June. Yesterday the dealer said it was still status 70. Seems an awfully long time to be in testing, unless the tests showed up major faults :eek:. Anyone know how long a Portofino "normally" takes between 70 and 90?

14. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    My F8 is supposedly at 50 for 6 weeks now. It is a complete mess. The app still showing "wating list" plus a picture of the body in white, supposedly the same picture everybody is getting. It is a complete turn-off for me. Ferrari suck at this.

15. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Agree with you. I do not understand why Ferrari thinks such poor comminication is "cool". It is not. They should encourage a Ferrari Club spirit instead of thinking "we can screw the customer because he will come back anyhow". My app also shows me on the waiting list and shows a picture of a red car (mine is Azurro California). Also the "production" photograph cannot be right as it shows an unpainted body with cut outs for shields and I ordered it with no shields.

kenguru likes this.
  16. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Even more funny: the MyFerrari app shows my dealer as Graypaul in Nottingham whereas I ordered the car in The Netherlands and there is nothing i can do to change the incorrect dealer name and address. The dealer here cannot explain it either. Hopefully the car will not be sent to Nottingham!!;)

PTG1 likes this.
  17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Same sad story here. My car was status 40 before the shutdown and was status 40 still last week. My sales manager contacted Ferrari SpA and they promised status 60 by today. Supposed to get an update again next week.

kenguru likes this.
  18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #18 Dicecal, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  19. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    That's indeed a generic, I got exactly the same pic.

20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    RamsHmb, Y not and kenguru like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Before COVID, 4-6 weeks within Europe. Now it is sometimes double that. Not only is the production slower, but delivery has slowed to a crawl as there are still much fewer transports around Europe. If you are in Holland, why on earth don't you arrange fkr factory pickup? You skip the transport and storange time, and get a nice drive home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    No factory pickups until further notice I was told