Dr. Didier Moreau RIP (Club Ferrari France) | FerrariChat

Dr. Didier Moreau RIP (Club Ferrari France)

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #1 Marcel Massini, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Dr. Didier Moreau of Lyon, France, passed away today after a certain period of illness. He was 85 years. Dr. Moreau was one of the founders of the Club Ferrari France, a past President and a very strong supporter of Ferrari in France. He was also closely connected to Daniel Marin (Charles Pozzi SA) and a long time friend of Jacques Swaters (of Garage Francorchamps SA in Belgium). Dr. Moreau owned a series of very interesting classic Ferraris which included a lovely dark red metallic 330 GTC (#09077, rosso cordoba 106-R-7) and a fantastic 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Scaglietti (#2787 GT). He raced the SWB oftentimes with his friend Jean-Claude Bajol of Toulouse and sometimes won against Albert Uderzo (Asterix comic figure designer, who passed away a couple months ago). For several decades Dr. Moreau was a key person for all Ferrari club activities in France. Over the years he also collected an immense archive of documents.

Very sad news.
    Didier, RIP.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Grégory Noblet

Apr 21, 2006
    BRUSSELS
    Full Name:
    Gregory Noblet
  3. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Yes, a great character, indeed. A modest person, with great sensitivity and a sense of humor. We'll never forget the year that his son Vincent came to our Encino home as an exchange student. But that's another story.

Our sympathies to Vincent and any other family members.

NürScud, AtSomePoint, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  4. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Sad news. Triste nouvelle.

R.I.P

5. NCB

NCB Rookie

Mar 21, 2011
    Sad news, i hope his former cars are still in France or in his family.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Toutes mes condoléances à sa famille et à ses amis.

7. fredenzo123

fredenzo123 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Frédéric Liodenot
    Very sad news.
    I remember my early years in the Club Ferrari France when I had no Ferrari and I was a simple "membre associé" thanks to Pierre Coquet. I met in Dijon and in Le Mas du Clos all those who were the early members of the club. The ambiance was very friendly and even family.
    Because I was the young guy I often been in the passenger seat of their great Ferrari.
    As the President, Didier Moreau was a key people in the organisation and was very well respected by all the members.
    As I remember, he had made lot of research on order to find the reason why his 2787 featured a white cross on the roof when it was light blue. The possible explanation was the cross as a mark to be well identified for some helicopter picture during TDF 1961 with Henri Oreiller.

Fred.

ERA, NürScud, Jack-the-lad and 5 others like this.
  8. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
  9. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas