Borrow someone's 28mm special socket Baum FR104 | FerrariChat

Borrow someone's 28mm special socket Baum FR104

Discussion in '308/328' started by dwhite, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I'm looking/hoping to borrow this for a week at most. Parts will be to me Tuesday. Had a lower rear cam drive gear bearing start to make noise. So replacing front and rear outers, new belts and hill engineering tensioner bearings as Im there anyway, just did them 3years ago. Ironically, I just put a new nick forza water pump on last week. Could have saved myself a couple hours work if the bearing had given me a few days earlier signal. Oh well.

I'm never against new tools, but I hate that Ferrari has so many different sizes of these nuts. Spent $100 on the 45mm for the clutch trans sproket nut years ago, if anyone needs to borrow it let me know.

Ferrari should include these in their tool rolls and not the crumby screwdrivers and wrenches which we all have much better in our tool chests. :)

Thanks.

Dave

2. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    If nobody closer offers I should be able to get my FR 104 socket in a Small Priority Box Friday or Saturday. You making the tool to remove the bearing?

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Billy, thank you. I have sent you a PM. Yes, I have a set of Sykes extractors.